☯Words of Wisdom - Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin) ☯

☯Words of Wisdom - Mikasa Ackerman☯

“The world is merciless, but it’s also very beautiful.”

- Mikasa Ackerman, Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

        Sometimes, I think we forget that the world is such a beautiful place to live in. It's understandable, I guess. It seems that nowadays we never see anything good anymore. On the news, we see car crashes, fires, terrorism, police brutality, school shootings, suicides, murders, robberies...

        Damn, can't the world take a break?

        Of course there are those interviews and news specials about schools that get extra money or people finally raising enough money for whatever cause they had. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that these are bad, but lets face it. None of us really care about what happens on TV. The majority, mostly. Even I don't care what happens much on the TV anymore. Whenever I see news pop up when I walk into the living room, I already immediately think that there's going to be a problem and I honestly don't care anymore.

        So many bad things happen in the world that unfortunately, it's become something natural to us.

        The mercilessness of the world, I mean.

        Tell me. When was the last time you walked outside and stared at the sky just because? When was the last time you took out your ear buds and put away your electronic device just to take a breath of air and listen to the birds chirp?

        I honestly can't remember a time when I did just that, and I'm only a sophomore in high school.

        I want to spend more time outdoors and more time just admiring what's around me, but I've become so dependent on my phone to keep me entertained that I guess I've lost the magic of being genuinely appreciative about the world around me. And I guess there's also the fact that a lot of us are surrounded by paved roads, cars, buildings, and technology that we forget what's really out there.

        I know I have.

        But I'm trying, you guys. I'm trying to find the magic in the world again, and if you lost it, maybe you should look too.

        We only have so much time to love the life we live in the world we're stuck on.