Blair instantly reads the look on my face and her smile fades. Her bright blue eyes almost go pale
in a way I've never seen before and her lips purse tightly.

"Something happened, didn't it?" She whispers, clutching her chest in horror.

Before I can speak, Mom and Dad are walking into the living room holding a cake with the words "Soleil Styles" written across it in bright red icing. They're both singing 'Sweet Creature' as they approach me.

"Mom." Francis groans from the couch, having heard my conversation with Blair.

Mom instantly clamps her mouth shut, her smile  dropping as she notices my lip quiver and my eyes water. She gasps, shoving the cake against Dad, who is still for some fucking reason singing 'Sweet Creature'.

"My love." Mom frowns, holding me close to her.

I grab on to her and cry softly into her chest as everyone surrounds us. At this point, Dad has taken the hint and he puts the cake down muttering something about how he's never getting a cake made unless he knows for sure.

Francis piles on with Blair and Dad while Claudia sits back rolling her eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" She huffs. "Again? You guys couldn't get it together after all this?"

Everyone separates to look at her in utter shock, including me. Quickly, I wipe my eyes and sit on the couch. The others sit down as well, leaning forward for anything that leaves my mouth next.

"What?" I question.

"You were ready to leave River for him! He went all the way to Paris with you only for you guys to not make it, again?! Bullshit!" Claudia throws her arms up.

Frankly, I know the only reason she's throwing this fit is due to the fact she's lost the ability to say Harry Styles comes to her house for dinner and games.

"Claudia, why don't you relax?" Francis nudges her.

"What happened, Monet?" Blair sighs, sitting on the couch beside me. "I mean when I left the airport, I could have sworn I saw you guys kiss. He went to Paris with you. So what happened?"

I take a deep breath and let out a shaky exhale.

"We were miserable in Paris. I really don't think I'm ready to talk about it in depth just yet. But um...this is really it. It's just not meant to be." I quietly explain.

"Oh, Monie." Mom frowns as she throws her arms around me again.

"I really thought we'd get it right this time." I whimper, more tears cascading down my cheeks.

"And I really thought I was gonna be the one to fix Harry's tie on the wedding day and give him a stern, yet gentle warning about ever hurting you even though I doubt he ever would because he's too perfect!" Dad says from behind Mom.

We all turn to him as he covers his mouth, eyes full of tears.

"Leon?" Mom sits up.

"I just...I need some time." He chokes before rushing down the hall.

"Look guys, as much as I appreciate this whole gesture, I don't think I'm up for talking right now. I'm gonna go home and sleep." I say as I rise up and off the couch.

"I'll get you an Uber." Mom scrambles up beside me.

"Cake?" Francis offers, holding out the piece that only has my name on it. He had smeared off 'Styles'.

"No thanks." I decline politely.

"Want me to come with?" Blair watches as I grab my bags.

"I think I need to be alone." I tell her gently.

But she understands. She always does. She's been here for everything. Since the beginning. And she knows this hurts more than anything.

When the Uber arrives, Mom and Blair help me load my luggage before I get into the car. They all wave as the driver speeds off and I lean my head against the window.

My house looks lonely. It's been a while since I've been here and frankly, I don't miss it. It only reminds me of River and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The Uber driver is polite enough to help me carry my bags to the front step and he leaves as I'm unlocking my front door.

Inside, it's silent. It's clear Blair had been here a few times, but not often enough to keep up with my plants.

Guess I'll buy new ones.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I drop all my bags beside the door and kick it shut. I fling my shoes off and run my fingers through my hair.

After grabbing a bottle of wine, I make my way to my bedroom. God, I need a bath. My bones are so sore and they ache with each move I make. I really don't think I've ever been this sore, it's concerning.

But when I open my bedroom door, I'm met with those pretty green eyes and that all too familiar million dollar smile. It brings a wide smile to my own face as he sits up against the headboard in nothing but a robe, shutting the book between his large hands.

"About time! I thought I was going to have to form a search party."

**

LMAO Y'ALL THOUGHT

Welcome to act three!! I'm very excited and I hope you are too. I wouldn't have uploaded this so soon after introducing the new act if I wasn't stuck at home but I'm bored and miss writing these angels.

Updates may be slow but I already know exactly where this act is going and I'm curious if any of y'all have a feeling what'll happen with these two. Or at least what you hope will happen? Who knows? Until then! xo