"You didn't get a drink." I motioned to the water in front of me but she shook her head, "You know what I mean."

I sighed and leaned forward, "I meant what I said, about being the best dad possible. If that means cutting back or stop drinking altogether, then so be it."

Demi shook her head, "Nicko I don't want you to change for me. I want you just the way you are."

I smiled, "Well I'm driving anyway, so no drinking, plus I'd rather focus on you and how gorgeous you look tonight."

Demi rolled her eyes, and I saw a blush taint her cheeks as she turned to look at the view of Los Angeles. I continued to stare at her face until she looked at me with a slight smirk.

"I swear to God if you say that stupid cheesy line about your view being better than mine I'm going home."

I chuckled and shook my head, "Well it's true, you're more beautiful than any set of buildings." Demi just shook her head and I stood up, offering my hand, "Dance with me."

She looked around, "There's no-" Suddenly, music started and her jaw dropped, "Nicko how did you that?"

I shrugged and smiled, "I wrote this song baby. I recorded it a few weeks ago and have been waiting for you to hear it at the right time."

A huge smile took over her face as I pulled her close to me and we swayed side to side, singing softly in her ear.

"Tell me what you think, Tell me what you feel

Is this a thing of fate, or is it for real?

Is it what you hoped for, What you dream?

Is it somethin strange that you've never seen?

Does it lift you up closer to the light

Or does it send you raging into the night?

When will it begin and will it ever end?

Where the sun sets and never ends.

Where the river bends is a place i've been

The water ain't so blue and the grass, it ain't so green.

The current gets strong, it can pull you down.

You gotta swim hard if you wanna turn around.

But I don't wanna go, baby not with you.

I'm happy right here, now I've got a love that's true

So let's stay awhile, and invite our friends.

No one needs to go, where the river bends."

Demi held me tightly as we danced in slow circles, "Nicko?" She whispered, a soft and thoughtful tone.

"Mmm?"

"Do you want to get married one day?"

I could feel my palms begin to sweat as Demi yet again spoke about marriage. She'd been bringing it up a lot lately and every time it would nearly throw me into a panic attack. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but marriage? It's a huge commitment and I'm not used to that sort of thing. It's not that I didn't want to marry her, it's just that I didn't want to rush anything.

"Eventually."

She pulled away a bit, "Eventually?"

I nodded, "I mean like it's not really in my five year plan, but eventually I'd like to think so." Demi sighed and pulled away, walking to sit down at the table. "What's wrong?" I asked, following her and sitting down.