Anniversary

CHAPTER 28- Anniversary

Nicko's POV

I stood in the doorway and watched an oblivious Demi turn in the mirror, examining herself at every angle. It was astounding to me how she couldn't see how amazingly beautiful she is to everyone around her. I see the way other guys look at her and as much as it makes me angry it also releases feelings of pride that she's completely gorgeous and all mine. Demi let out a sigh then, and went to upzip the black dress that looked perfect on her.

"Don't even think about it." I said, walking up to her from behind and slowly zipping it back up. "You look perfect."

She sighed, "I didn't know you were there."

I wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my hands on her bump, "I know... talk to me baby what's wrong?"

She shrugged out of my hold and went to sit on the bed, "I weighed myself this morning."

I let out a groan and walked over, resting my hands on my hips, "We talked about this Demi."

She sighed, "I know I don't know why I did it I just wanted to know the number."

I set my hands on her shoulders, "Demi. Listen to me. No more weighing. You're pregnant, and bound to gain weight at some point. You're eating enough for two people because your body is growing a baby inside of it. I love you no matter how much you weigh, pregnant or not. Now we're gonna go to dinner, and you're gonna eat anything you want no matter what the calories are, okay?" Demi slowly nodded and I pulled her into my arms, holding her tightly. "I love you so much."

She nodded, "I love you too."

I pulled away slightly and smiled, "I was gonna wait until dinner, but I think now is a better time." I felt in my pocket for the tiny black box and handed it to her, watching a smile overtake her features when she examined the diamond ring nestled in the velvet.

"Nik it's beautiful."

I smiled, "It's kind of symbolic, people look at roses and think they're beautiful and perfect, yet they still have thorns. It's the same way with our relationship, people see us together and think we're the 'it' couple, but we have our issues. However.." I leaned in and gently kissed her, "I promise to be there no matter how many times I get pricked."

Demi threw her arms around my neck and buried his face into my chest, "I fucking love you. It's perfect."

I hugged her gently, "Back atcha babe."

Demi rolled her eyes and her fingers trembled slightly as I slid the ring onto them, then kissed her knuckles.

"Okay." She said, taking my hand, "Let's go to dinner."

~*~

Once we got to the restaurant, the paparazzi immediately began yelling and blinded me with their flashes. I parked in the valet spot and got out, shoving the photographers iut of the way. Before I opened Demi's door I turned back to them.

"The woman I love is pregnant. If you have any God damned respect for that you will move aside and not shout. You can get your shot, but if I hear one rude remark I will personally make you wish you chose another profession." They all nodded and I turned to open the door, leaning into the car. "Ready beautiful?"

She nodded shyly and I took her hand, leading her into the restaurant.

"Reservation for Brooks." I told the hostess, and she led us up to the rooftop, where a single table was lit my candles.

"Nik this is beautiful." Demi gushed, and I kissed her temple.

"Anything for you."

We sat and placed our dinner orders, then Demi leaned back in her seat, surveying me as she sipped her water.