Chapter 18: What just happened ?

Start from the beginning

I couldn't exactly blame them, I was to blame for.

I stopped the car and laid my head on the steering wheel.

Here I was thinking Damian would put us in a ditch and yet I'd almost gotten us killed because I was day dreaming about him!

I looked over at him and sighed.

I had to understand that no matter what I did, he wouldn't change his mind. He would continue to sleep around and I would just have to get over it. No matter how hard it would be it was something that needed to be done.

Maybe one day I would find my second chance Mate and he would be the complete opposite of Damian. Kind, caring, romantic, and faithful most of all.

"Maybe next time you should keep your eyes on the road." Came a sleepy voice.

Damian still had his eyes closed but his lips were turned up in a knowing smirk.

Without answering I put the car in drive and continued to drive to our next destination, Midnight Pack.

*******

Finally we arrived in Midnight territory , three hours after I had taken over driving duties.

I didn't want to wake Damian up so when we arrived I lowered the windows down, letting the cool air enter so he could continue to sleep without suffocating.

My Uncle Tyler greeted us alongside his mate Amanda. Uncle Ty was a handsome gentleman, he had shaggy blonde hair with bright green eyes. His wife on the other hand was his complete opposite. She was part Indian so her skin was somewhat tanner, her eyes a dark brown and her hair a natural black. She was beautiful in a sense, but more exotic looking.

Clinging to her leg was young Lillian, Uncle Paul's daughter.

"Good to see you Ashley." Kelsey, Pauls mate said with an open smile.

"You too Kelsey." I gave her a hug before kneeling down to give Lillian a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Hello there Rascall." She let out a giggle hiding back behind Kelseys leg.
She was adorable at 5 years old with curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes, just like Uncle Paul.

"Hey munchkin." Uncle Ty gave me a hearty hug "It's been months since you've come to visit me. It's almost as if you've forgotten us."
"Never Uncle Ty, but you know communication works both ways." I pouted "You didn't even call to wish me a happy birthday!"

His eyes widened in mock shock.

"Your birthday ? Well I guess it must have just not been as important then. Ouch!"

I slapped his arm playfully.
"Oh you. I know you better Uncle Ty, what do you have up your sleeve ?"

"A gentleman never tells, till it is the right time." He gave me a wink.
"A gentleman also never keeps a woman waiting." I said getting the upper hand.

"Oh you two." Mom rolled her eyes and gave her brother a big hug. "How's my little brother been ?"
"I'm not so little anymore sister." He grumbled.
"Of course not. Now your just a big bad Alpha, all high and mighty."
"You got that right !" Uncle Ty grinned widely.
"I see things never change." I turned with a squeal before throwing myself in grandpa Bryans arms.
"Good to see you, buttercup. It's been a while."
"You too gramps, I missed you."
"Hey daddy." My mom gave him a hug and soon enough there was a huge family reunion as ever one reunited and caught up.

Damian:

Having Ashley so near that I could almost touch her, but yet knowing I couldn't, was hell.