Chapter 28 - Dark Brown

Start from the beginning

"What?" he protested. "Do you know how many girls would pay to own my sweaty towel?"

"Too many," I grimaced, ushering around him to join where the other guys were standing.

"What's wrong?" Harry exclaimed, turning so he could face me. He gently took hold of my arm.

"Hmm? Nothing, nothing," I mumbled.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit distracted."

"Oh, um, yeah. I just noticed that I really needed to dye my hair again." This was only half the truth -- the other half being my insecurities about our relationship.

"Huh," Harry humphed, smoothing the hair at my roots to observe the situation.

"Yeah, my hair's naturally brown but I've been dying it kind of a goldish blond shade."

"I think this calls for a shopping trip." Harry spun around and threw his arms in the air. "Who wants to come?"

The guys gaped at Harry wordlessly. He had obviously interrupted one of their many lively conversations.

"Huh?" Liam uttered.

"Who wants to help me dye Allie's hair?"

"Woah, woah, I never said --"

"Yay!" cried One Direction thunderously, their voices bellowing throughout the stadium interminably.

Louis was even hopping in the air. "Let's do it pink, love!" he cried.

"Heck no!"

"Fine, fine." He waved his hand up and down in defeat. "But if I had to chose--"

"I think you should do it a nice, deep red," commented Liam.

"Or like an almond color," Zayn added.

"Wait, wait, now hold on a minute. I was gonna--"

"We'll decide when we get there," Harry decided, interrupting me again. He clutched my hand and pulled me toward the exit. When the other guys began to run, however, he broke into a sprint, dragging me along unstoppably. Those boys were such divas!

**********

"Well that took a long time," I breathed, closing my hotel room door behind after the boys had all piled in.

I think that the boys temporarily forgot that they were international popstars. When we walked into beauty store, we were mobbed with fans and stuck in the store for at least forty five minutes. Liam, Zayn and I were analysing the colors, but Harry and Louis, in a great haste, simply tossed maybe seven or eight colors into our shopping chart and rushed to the checkout. It was complete madness in there.

"I like this one," Harry proclaimed after he pulled a box out of a bag.

I joined him at his side and took the box from his hands. "Dark brown?"

"Yeah."

"I thought you liked blonds?" I nearly gasped, entirely abashed by sudden burst of words. I'm pretty sure my face turned a scarlet red.

Harry's face broke into a full grin as he gazed at me with his shining green eyes. "There's nothing wrong with a brunette every once and a while."

"I still like the red," Liam piped.

"We didn't get red," Niall replied. The first he's spoken, surprisingly, since our spontaneous shopping revelation.

"You didn't get red?" Liam peeked into the bag and rearranged its contents. "Why didn't you get red, Hazza?"