Chapter 10 - All the Help he could Get

(Picture of Maryanne on side)

This chapter is dedicated to MrsMalik_Tomlinson98 for commenting on like every chapter of this story it means a lot (:

Monday, June 4

I peeked at the phone in my lap to see I had received yet another text from Maryanne.  I glanced up at Mr. Holmes who was boring the class to death over details of the Revolutionary War.  It was eighth period History class, and it has taken the entire day in between classes to explain to Mare everything that happened between Harry, Zayn, Eliza and I yesterday.  I texted back a reply:

Allison Styles: And then he leaned over and whispered in his adorable British accent,"I think the boys would very much like to meet you" and then i like died and didnt believe him

Maryanne Malik: Omg<3

Allison Styles:  I knowww<3 and then he INVITED ME TO THE CONCERT.

Maryanne Malik: WHAT

Allison Styles: YES!!! :D <3 and guess what?? he gave me TWO vip tickets sooo guess who i'm bringing (;

Maryanne Malik: omg....I think I'm gonna faint

I snapped my head up to Mr. Holmes who apparently had been calling my name.  Crap.

"I'm sorry, what?"  I asked, fully aware I was making a fool of myself.

"Maybe if you weren't texting, you'd have heard me call your name twelve times."

I sunk down in my seat, feeling the laughter of the class weighing down upon me.  I was completely mortified, gripping the edge of my seat tightly.  "Sorry, Mr. Holmes."

"Phone," he demanded, holding his hand out toward me.

I pulled myself out of my seat and walked shamefully to the front of the class.  Listening to the comments being tossed around the room by my classmates, I handed my phone to Mr. Holmes, avoiding his rigorous glare.

I spun around to return to my seat but froze in utter humiliation when he read aloud my text, "Maryanne Malik says that she's going to faint."  Uncontrollable laughter erupted amongst the class.  "Maryanne.  Phone.  Now . . .. Perhaps you and Mrs. Styles should save your little conversation for later."

I slipped into my seat and shut my eyes to shield myself from the jeerful stares of my classmates.  Internally, I was begging Mr. Holmes to continue the lesson, to forget about this mortifying episode, but unfortunately, he continued to crack jokes about Maryanne and I until the end of class, since there was less than five minutes, anyway.

As soon as the bell rang, I was first to dart from my seat to the door.  Tears of laughter were pooling in my eyes.

"See you in detention, Mrs. Styles!"  Mr. Holmes hollered.

I rushed through the halls on my way to the parking lot. 

"Hey!" came Maryanne's voice from down the hall.  I slowed so she could step into pace with me.  I turned to here and her face was tinted pink, but she was laughing silently.

"That was terrible," I cried, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Oh my gosh, I know.  So embarrassing."