I reached for the cellphone but he quickly retracted his arm. "No."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"I mean- I uh- see him before that so I might as well give it to him myself."

"Okay." I agreed and went back to eating my lunch.

I was peacefully enjoying my food when Eunji sat down next to Chenle.

"Hi noona." Jisung cheerfully greeted her.

"Awe Jisungie you don't have to call me noona." She smiled at him. "We're all friends here aren't we?"

"Hardly." Chenle scoffed.

"I'm sorry." She stood back up and apologized . "I just assumed that since you made friends with Hyunjin we could also be friends. I know I'm just the new girl and I'm no where near as popular as all of you so I understand if you don't want to be friends with me."

"Jaemin slapped the back of Chenle's head. "Don't listen to him, any friend of Y/N is our friend too." He looked back at me. "Right Y/N?"

"R-Right." I forced a smile while avoiding her gaze.

Renjun frowned while he looked at me.

Eunji smiled and sat back down. "Thank you for being my friends. Please take good care of me from now on." She slightly bowed her head.

"Suddenly I'm not hungry." Chenle stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong with him?" Haechan asked while taking his leftover food.

"What isn't wrong with him?" Jisung teased while everyone laughed.

"I should go talk to him." I told Haechan. "Don't wait up for me." I quickly pecked his lips and went to find Chenle.

I had been worried about him for the past few days. Aside from barley speaking to me he had been acting stranger than usual. It was also completely out of character for him to get upset so easily.

"Chenle-yah." I called his name when I finally saw him sitting alone on the stairs.

"Why did you come?"

I was taken aback by his blunt tone.

"I only wanted to make sure you were okay." I lightly mumbled.

"Well I don't need you to." He raised his voice at me.

"Fine."

I turned away to head back before he could see my tears but he quickly gripped my wrist.

"I'm sorry y/n, its just that seeing Eunji ruined my day."

"Ruined your day? Seeing her ruined your day? Do you have any idea what I went threw today yet only seeing her ruined your day?"

"W-Why are you cry-"

"Never mind, It's nothing." I wiped away my tears once I realized that I had almost told him about what happened.

"Tell me the truth."

"I said nothing happened."

"She did something to you didn't she? That's the reason you're wearing a bandaid on your face isn't it?"

"I already told you that its just a pimple." I avoided his gaze.

"No thats the lie you told Haechan and I'm not Haechan so I don't believe you."

Within a second he had pulled me inside an empty classroom and I was trapped between his two arms.

"Chenle." I gasped at his closeness.

"You have 3 seconds to show me your face before I rip off the band aid myself."

"But I-"

"3"

"Okay okay, just promise me you wont-"

"2"

"Chenle listen to me-"

"1"

He held my arms down with one hand and peeled back the bandaid with the another, revealing the bruise and scratches the two girls had marked on my left cheek.

"Eunji did this to you?" I could see the rage in his eyes.

"No it wasn't her."

"Then tell me who did right now."

"I don't know, it was two girls from a different grade."

"Y/N..."

"I'm telling the truth, I really don't know who they were."

Without saying another word he pulled me into a warm hug.

He finally softened his voice and the sweet Chenle that I knew was back. "Why do you keep hiding things from me? I am your Bestfriend aren't I?"

I nodded my head yes. "But I didn't want you or any of the others finding out. I don't want to cause trouble for Eunji."

"I thought you said she didn't do this?"

"Well not directly but it happened because of the rumors she spread about me. Everyone thinks that I was bully at my old school and that somehow bullying me is getting revenge for something I never did in the first place."

"I told you once that I would never let anyone bully you and thats not going to change now y/n-ah."

"You have to promise me two things." I let out a deep breath. "You can't tell anyone about this
including Haechan and you wont hurt Eunji in any form or way."

"But-"

"Promise me."

"You know your to nice for your own good." He sighed and locked pinky fingers with me.

________________________________

AN: Hey Everyone I know I missed two update days but Its the start of a new school semester so I had to re adjust my schedule this past week.

Anyways I hope everyone is liking the second half of this book!!!! Please leave your feedback If you like :) I always love reading everyones comments