The Continuation

I woke up hearing sirens around my house but I thought it was nothing. I thought maybe it'll just pass by but it didn't, the noise grew louder and louder.
Then I heard pounding on my front door...what the fuck was going on?

I hurried and got up from the bed so I could go downstairs and answer the door.

When it came time to open the door, the police barged in and grabbed me.

"Christopher Maurice Brown, You Are Under Arrest For The Murder Of Zara Thomas! You Have The Right To Remain Silent, Anything You Say Will Be Used Against You In The Court Of Law-"

I quickly cut them off "What?! I Didn't Kill Nobody! I've Been Here! What The Fuck Is Going On?!!"

The officer continued to read me my Miranda rights but I tried to fight back.

I knew I was an innocent man, I know I didn't kill that girl!

After one of the officers cuffed me I tried to yell for Kandice but she didn't hear me. As a matter of fact she did hear me but she just chose to ignore me.

"Is that blood on your shirt sir?"

I looked down at my shirt and noticed that this wasn't the same shirt that I had on last night.
I was being framed.

<The Previous Night>

{Dave POV:

At least a thirty minutes went by and I was awoken from my sleep. I heard my phone ringing and I quickly grabbed it and noticed it had a no caller id.
I quickly answered to see who it was because I didn't want the loud ringing to wake Zoey up.

"Hello....yes this is he...." I sat up in my bed when the horrible news was brought to me, "How did she die?.... I.....I can't leave, my daughter is sleeping right now.... I have nobody to watch her...I'm not bringing her that'll break her heart.....no child should go through that pain.....I'll be there first thing in the morning...ok, bye"

I let out a huge sigh then I looked down at Zoey. Tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't hold them in.
She looked so peaceful as she was in a deep sleep. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me.

No one can feel the pain that I'm feeling right now. But I gotta hide it from my daughter. I can't let her know what's going on, I don't want her heart to break like mine did.
I can't tell her that her mother died...but how did she die?

I carefully got up from the bed and walked over to my personal bathroom.
I closed and locked the door before I let the tears flood from my eyes.

Now I know that the same person who killed Zara was definitely looking for me and Zoey. I couldn't let that happen.
If someone tries to even attempt to touch me or my daughter I'm taking their life quicker that a heartbeat.

Walking over to the mirror I looked at myself and wiped my tears.

I turned the sink faucet on and let the cold water run before I gently splashed it in my face. The water didn't do much but cool me down a bit but, I couldn't complain.

I heard small footsteps and a knock on the door and I heard my child's voice "Uncle D?"

I sighed because she knew I was her father but she was afraid to call me it...I completely understood so I just let it go for now.