Prologue

~Christine~

"This is the choice! This is the Point of no Return!" Erik screamed, his face red with fury. I feared him, and I feared Raoul's life. I loved them both, and I was afraid. I had never been in a position nearly as scary as this before. I wanted to beg Erik not to kill him, but I knew if I did anything rash, Raoul would die. All I knew at that moment was I was incredibly angry.

"The tears I might have shed for your dark fate                        
grow cold and turn to tears of hate!" I exclaimed. We all began talking over each other and speaking our minds with emotion and anger. Finally, Erik hissed;

"You've tried my patience. Make. Your. Choice!"

I thought long and carefully before I spoke and acted.

"Pitiful creature of darkness
what kind of life have you known
God give me courage to show you
You are not alone!"
As I spoke I was walking toward Erik. At that final word, I took his face in my hands and passionately pressed my lips against his. In shock, Erik didn't respond immediately. After a moment though, he kissed back fiercely and passionately. I had never experienced a kiss like that before. It was fiery and passionate and I felt sparks. I had never felt that before. With Raoul, it was stability and comfort, but I never felt this way for him. Eventually, we parted and I gazed into his copper-colored eyes. Without thinking I kissed him again, wrapping my arms around his neck, effectively pulling him closer. I sensed the look of horror on Raoul's face as I made-out with his enemy.
After we parted the second time, Erik was trembling. He wouldn't look me in the face. I didn't know what to say to make him look at me. I longed for him, but in my cowardice, I said nothing.

"Take her," Erik said to Raoul. "Forget me, forget all of this." He scrambled away from us after releasing Raoul. Raoul embraced me tightly. I hugged him back, relieved, but I was also sad. I didn't know why at the time.

"Leave me alone, forget all that you've seen," Erik directed towards me. I longed to follow him. Raoul held me back as I went to follow after him.

"Go now, don't let them find you!" I felt tears streaming down my face.

"Take the boat, swear to me never to tell of the secret of the Angel in Hell!" Erik cried. I couldn't move from my spot. Raoul was quickly doing what Erik ordered, but I couldn't move.

"Just take her and go, before it's too late! GO!" Erik yelled, his anger growing. Raoul dragged me into the boat.

"GO NOW! GO NOW AND LEAVE ME!" Erik screamed in agony. The last thing I saw before we escaped was Erik's deformed yet beautiful face in his hands, agony and emotion overtaking him.

And that was the last I saw of him.

Author's Note: Hey guys, yes I know, I started another project. I'm dumb for starting another one when I have so many other things to do. But I was inspired! Anyway, I hope you all like this part! Make sure to check out my other works!!