Chapter 11: A Challenger Approaches

Comincia dall'inizio

Jaune: "Run and live. That's an idea I can get behind." I decided to participate at least so I fixed my hair and spoke.

Y/n: "Alright everyone you heard her. Make sure you've got your pieces and kets get moving!"

With our goal in mind Jaune and Ruby both went up to a pedestal. Ruby grabbed a golden knight relic and Jaune grabbed a golden rook. The Deathstalker is fighting its icy bonds and the ice is beginning to crack slightly.

Ren: "Time we left!" He alerts the others.

Ruby: "Right." She waves the others along. "Let's go!" The group begins the run back to the cliff. I follow Ruby up onto a nearby boulder and watch as she leads the group onwards.

'She's better at this than she thinks.' I thought. Blake and Yang catch up and we both hop down from our spot, joining the rest of the group in the run towards the cliff looming nearby.

Give or take 10 minutes we eventually emerged from the trees near the foot of the cliff. In between us and the cliff wall was a large, seemingly bottomless chasm that went all the way to the cliff face. A huge old temple was built over the chasm that rested against the wall of the cliff. During our entire run here the Nevermore had been following us above the trees, and now was no different. It pulled ahead of us as we ran onto the large bridge of the ruins. We took cover behind a set of pillars and the behemoth of a bird flew over to the large tower in the center of the ruins, perching itself on top and let out a loud roar.

Yang: "Well that's great!" Yang called out in annoyance. Loud crashing and the sound of trees falling was heard from the direction we came as the Deathstalker, now free of its ice prison, burst through the treeline and began to charge at us.

Jaune: "Ah man, run!" He called out. With no other choice the gang ran out from our cover and advanced further onto the bridge, causing the Nevermore to rise up again and dive towards us.

Ren: "Nora! Distract it!" At his command Nora whipped out what looked to be a grenade launcher and began to fire powerful shots at the Nevermore, causing it to go off course and turn away. The Deathstalker almost snuck up on her but Blake and Ren both struck its face simultaneously causing it to stagger. Weiss leaps next to Nora and uses one of her glyphs to boost them out of harm's way. Blake and Ren, now with a deathstalker on their tails, retreated farther onto the platform, catching up with the rest of the gang quickly.

Pyrrha: "Go! Go!" The spartan girl called out to the two as she withdrew her spear and changed it into a rifle, taking a knee and laying fire onto the large grimm. Renn also used his pistols to lay fire into the Deathstalker until it approached them, almost unfazed by the weapons. It attempted to swipe at them but put group takes off again racing over the ancient bridge.

The Nevermore suddenly flys directly into the section of bridge we are running on, busting right through the structure. We all jump to safety, but the party is split with Ren, Pyrrha and Blake on the side with the Deathstalker closing in, while Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Jaune, Nora and I are one the other end as we advance up to the central platform and leap on top of the large column. Ruby opens fire on the Nevermore as it temporarily retreats.

'Here comes the fun part!'

Eventually Blake, after pulling off some moves that would make most anime protagonists sick with jealousy, lands beside us on the column.

Blake: "Its tougher than it looks!"   She informed us as the Nevermore approached. Yang readied her gauntlets and spoke.

Yang: "Then let's hit it with everything weve got!" After her statement the rest of the girls readied their weapons to unleash a hail of gunfire onto the Nevermore...which got me thinking.