( 01. ) mirkwood mayhem

Start from the beginning

He grunted as he repeatedly swung his sword down upon a giant ghostly-white centipede, his mind set on killing it. Sypha crossed her arms over her chest and leaned herself up against a tree, watching the little burglar with an amused expression. He set his jaw in anger, forcefully plunging his blade into the unfortunate invertebrate's head. It hissed and gurgled before lifelessly slumping to the ground. His chest heaved as he yanked his sword upwards, trying to catch his breath.

Bilbo's eyes trailed towards the forest floor, landing on a certain glistening, golden ring. He quickly snatched it from the ground, holding it up as he glared at the slain centipede. "Mine," He said, slumping backwards against a large stray branch and staring at the ring before him.

"I would not want to be that centipede right about now," Sypha suddenly spoke, causing the hobbit to immediately turn around to face her. He swiftly put the ring back inside his pocket, his eyebrows furrowing as he stared back in confusion.

"P-Pardon—Pardon me?" The vampire smirked as she leaned off of the tree, slowly making her way towards him. Bilbo didn't know what her motives were, whether she was friendly...or hostile. Catching her on a good day—she's a little bit of both. There was no doubt about it, Sypha was drop dead gorgeous, and Bilbo could clearly see that. So something about an extremely attractive girl stalking slowly up to him—was nerve racking.

"Lovely right-handed swings," she praised him, "You're pretty strong for such a little man." She bent down so that she was now at his eye level, her intense gaze boring into him, causing him to nervously gulp. "You're cute, too." Bilbo's cheeks flushed at her words, making her smirk widen.

Suddenly shaking his head once more, he cleared his throat, "Right, uh, and you are...?"

"Belmont...Sypha Belmont," She introduced herself.

He gulped once more, "I'm Bilbo. B-Bilbo Baggins." He stuck his hand out for her to take, which she did.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Baggins." Sypha, naturally, had a strong grip, so she was squeezing his hand with a force he hadn't felt before—let alone feel coming from a woman.

"The pleasure..." he grimaced slightly, "Is all mine." Chuckling nervously, he went on to say, "Y-You have a remarkably strong grip."

Sypha smiled whilst removing her hand from his, "It kinda runs in the family." Bilbo nodded whilst rocking on his heels and fiddling with his hands behind his back. An eerie silence fell upon the two as they stood there. "So, little man," she began, her smile twisting into a smirk, "What brings you to the forest of Mirkwood? We rarely get visitors, so this is a surprise..."

Bilbo knitted his brows, "Erm, I'm sorry. You said we?" Just as Sypha was about to speak, the sound of shouting grabbed both of their attention. The hobbit's breathing grew heavier, and his worried facial expression told her that he knew the unfortunate fellows who were yelling.

"Friends of yours?" She questioned. Bilbo suddenly gripped his sword tight, rushing to where the shouts were coming from. Sighing softly, Sypha followed after him. He stopped just behind a tree, peering from behind it at his friends who were currently being held captive by a bunch of Wood Elves.

"Echannen i vegil hen vin Gondolin. Magannen nan Gelydh," Legolas said, narrowing his blue eyes at the dwarf before him, "Where did you get this?"