Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"

Start from the beginning

When we turned around the camp we knew stood there was invisible, hidden from the human eye. Hidden from us now.

I turned towards Apollo, "Where to next blondie?"

"I don't know. Let's keep walking and find some clues, maybe a gas station too." Said Apollo.

APOLLO's POV

I peeked at Ares over my shoulder as he trailed behind me. He was whistling to himself and observing his surroundings. Sometimes I wonder what goes on In his thick skull. Does he have the capacity to even process thought or experience consciousness? I narrowed my eyes and thought closer to home. I recalled that moment when him and Shiva shared a kiss. I remember the anger and betrayal that ripped through my chest. I had no right to feel betrayed but still, that brute has no right laying his hands on someone like her.

I quickly turned around and decided to tease him a bit, maybe get some information out of him. "I'm surprised you opted to join me Ares. I was sure you hated Shiva." I said with an exaggerated sigh.

Ares stopped whistling, "Who said I hated her?"

I felt annoyance rise up my throat. "That must mean something. You hate everyone Ares, yet you don't hate her then?" I pointed out.

Ares groaned, "If you're worried about me messing with your bitch pipe down. I don't want her."

I snapped my angered gaze on him, "You sure as hell seemed like you wanted her when you violated her face!"

Ares burst into laughter. After a few moments of amused coughing he collected himself, "Is that really what's getting your panties in a bunch? It didn't mean shit to me. Besides, we only did that to make Aphrodite jealous."

"Yeah... to make Aphrodite jealous." I said rolling my eyes.

"Which turned out horribly for you both." Said a seductive female voice. It was non other than Aphrodite. She was trailing behind us wearing a flowly sundress and beach hat, her hair sat in curls rested on her shoulders and sunglasses hid her captivating eyes.

"For gods sake, do you guys have nothing better to do than follow us!" Growled Ares. His face was blazing red with embarrassment.

"Well, I do have someone better to do but I saw that the goddess of the moon was entertaining herself with the prude." Sneered Aphrodite. I knew immediately who she was referring to when she said prude.

I stopped in my tracks and faced her demanding answers, "Where is she then?!"

"What in the hell do you mean doing "someone"!" Growled Ares. His fists were clenched at his sides on the verge of breaking it seemed.

Aphrodite smirked. "I'm not obliged to tell. I'm just providing you two with my beautiful presence-"

"Well we don't need you! We have blondie here." Said Ares with a confident smile.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ares' face fell as he realized what he had just implied. "N-no!"

"Can I finish without this brute interrupting me! I have more to offer than just my looks." Whined Aphrodite.

"Continue."

"In addition to providing my beautiful presence, I wish to provide some assistance in finding the girl... despite not being allowed to. You see, Zeus is busy and in a fit of rage. He couldn't be bothered with a goddess meddling. With the exception of Shiva..." Aphrodite explained as she picked at her nails.

"What do you mean he's in a fit of rage? Is he still angry about us-" I started.

"Well, no... He's angry because Pandora's box is missing. It's tragic, truly." She sighed. "It's quite cold out here... and it's a long walk."

With a snap of her fingers a rose colored chariot came rushing out of the woods, two white horses pulling it. "Let's continue this conversation wrapped in blankets and moving at a much faster pace."

Authors note

Thank you guys for reading! Can't believe this story has reached 10k reads! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it. Make sure to leave a comment with your opinions or criticism, I'll respond when I can! Also vote and follow me account for updates.

-Emma