Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"

Start from the beginning

Her face softened. "He's not so bad... It would be nice for a change if he stuck to one lover rather than chasing multiple. It's awfully dreadful having to hear him cry about his broken heart time after time."

I stood up and brushed off the crumbled leaves on my pants. "I need to find a way out of here."

"You don't even have a plan Shiva." Retorted Artemis.

"Don't criticize me, especially when you refuse to help me." I snapped.

"I did say we aren't allowed to interfere with demi-god issues... however, I will say that my brother and that brute are out looking for you. I suggest you try to regroup with them." Said Artemis.

I turned to look towards her so I could question her further but she was nowhere in sight. I was alone again. Alone and hungry. I should've asked for a snack...

I began walking again. As much as I wanted to avoid Apollo and Ares... I needed them. I was practically helpless and it would be a relief to have more help.

ARES POV

I was looking forward to getting the hell out of this place. It smelt like the shit, the cabins were filled with loud snoring brats, and they didn't even have bbq here. This is not what I call a camp. A good camp involves solitude, bbq'ing, bitches, and tents.

Blondie was packing a bag with all this unnecessary shit; tons of clothes and plants. I shoved a couple cans of root beer in mine with a dagger, handgun, jacket, and food. It took me less than 5 minutes!

"Hurry your ass up, the brats probably dead already." I growled.

Apollo glared at me over his shoulder for a moment and turned back towards his bag. "Calm down, it's been 5 minutes." Apollo sighed.

"I'm dumb but I ain't stupid. I finished packing 15 minutes ago!" I challenged.

Apollo chuckled and shook his head, "you're dumb but you "ain't" stupid? Really?"

I clenched my fists. He better not test me or he'll regret it. "The hell you even putting in there?!" I said motioning towards his bag.

As Apollo finally zipped the bag closed he explained its contents, "Clean clothes, medicine, medical herbs-"

"You're predictable." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm surprised you even know what predictable means Ares... now let's stop wasting time and get on our way." Apollo said as he slung his bag over his back.

I shrugged and we started making our way to the camp entrance. Chiron and Argus stood there as if they were waiting for us. Apollo stopped and glared at Argus. What'd the 100 eyed bastard do?

"He has the audacity to show himself?" Sneered Apollo. It was fun watching Apollo tear into people. I must have not been paying attention because I have no idea what the hell is going on with Argus.

"We've already questioned him, he doesn't have any answers." Chiron said as he stepped between Apollo and the giant.

Apollo scoffed and went to walk around them, Chiron stopped him. I hate small talk. Can't we just leave?

"Are you sure about this...?" Said Chiron.

"We're pretty damn sure. Now leave us the hell alone." I growled and shoved past him, I was already past the gate. Apollo didn't hesitate either and was right behind me.