I. - Worth 40 Million Jewel?!?

*Reader's P.O.V.*

It's been two years since you literally ruined your life through entering the guild of Sabertooth with your best friend Yukino.
Ex-Best Friend.

Now she's all over the guilds Twin Dragons and has dropped your friendship to linger in the shadows.

Watching the Twin Dragons enter the guild almost made you hiss at them.

'Stupid Sting. Stupid Rogue.'

They had been out on a mission with Yukino for a week. Leaving them with scratches and cuts all over their bodies.
Of course, Yukino wasn't hurt the least bit.

"(Y/N)!"

You turned around almost immediately, just to look at your little exceed, Nana.

"Yo, Nana." you said calmly.

"(Y/N), I have the perfect job to pay our rent for at least 2 years!"

Your eyes widened, "How can there be such a job request in our stupid guild?"

She pressed the paper onto your face.

"Just look! It sais something about catching a group of pigs in a forest."

"Who's gonna go and catch pigs in a forest?"

Sting's voice appears from behind you and Rogue grabs the piece of paper from Nana's hands.

"I am. Have a problem with that, master?"

"I do."

You bite your lower lip angrily, "Why?"

He smirks and you know he's gonna say something that would annoy you.

"It sais 'The job can only be done by at least 3 very strong mages. Otherwise the job surely cannot be done.' "

'Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Why do they always have to do that?'

"I think you should team up with us and we'll split the reward," said Rogue.

"Like hell I'm gonna do that! I'll just search for something else!"

Yukino was taking a look at the paper and her eyes widened in shock.

"Sting,Rogue."
'Nice of you NOT to adress me, too.'

"The paper sais that the reward will be 10 Million Jewel per mage. Not 10 Million Jewel in total."

"WHAT?!?" they shouted in unision.

"Great. Then you won't have to take me with you. I mean, you wouldn't have had to anyway, but you are three mages anyway so there's no need for me to come too."

"There is."

Sting turned to Rogue when he said that.

"Why?" Sting exclaimed.

"It sais at least three very strong  mages. And, you have to admit, Yukino might be strong in fighting from distances, but when it comes to actual combat we're on the better side having (Y/N) with us."

'Oh, my god. Was that really Rogue the Shadow Dragon Slayer saying I'm stronger than his beloved Yukino?"

"You do have a point Rogue."

'Sting, too?'

"Okay. If you creeps want me with you I'm gonna be there."

You smirked. That meant one or two years pre-paid rent for you.

~Time Skip~

*Rogue's P.O.V.*

The ride to ,whatever the god damn towns name was, was awful.

I hated carryages but first riding a carryage and then a train was my worst nightmare.

And so it seemed to be Sting and (Y/N)'s.

Only Yukino wasn't sick from neither the train ride nor the multiple carryage rides.

Actually she seemed to quite enjoy them.

Despite having (Y/N) stare at her like she stole something precious from her all the time, she was happily talking to Sting.
'As much as that was possible.'

We eventually arrived in the town of Moore and headed straight to the mayor, who greeted us with icy stares and a not-so-welcoming aura.

"Are you having a problem little man?" Yukino asked.
'Stupid question, Yukino. Very, very stupid question.'

*Reader's P.O.V.*

Oh god, that mayor looked really pissed.

No wonder. Yukino had adressed him as 'little man', though he really was little, tiny actually.

He continued to look at us with a really forced smile on his face and lead you to the beginning of the forest.

"The giant pigs are in the forest. Please, capture and kill them."

He turned around and his fake smile crumbled ,"Also, try not to die while capturing them."

Yukino looked at Sting and Rogue, on the verge of tears.

"Are you sure we should do this?"

Before any of the two could answer you said,

"Well, I am. And if you aren't then hide behind Sting and Rogue's backs, because this may get a little bloody, Yukino."

With that you started running inside the forest.
'Now I'm probably gonna get ripped into pieces by some giant pigs and Sting and Rogue, but in that moment the world just didn't matter to me anymore.'

(A/N)

Thanks for reading the first chapter of my story and also thanks for liking or subscribing to it. Also for those who didn't get that part, all this happens after  the GMG and also after  the Eclipse Arc.