Chapter 7

Chapter 7
    A week has past since Froshweek and I'm on my third day of classes. Only three days in and I'm already flooded with stress and having fantasies about dropping out. I've never been one to quit things though.

    Right now, I'm on the fifth floor of the main library while doing my readings for my Intro to Psych class. It turns out that psychology is Finn's major and we ended up in the same giant class. The classes here are ginormous so we had to get to class ike fifteen minutes early to even get a decent seat. The two of us have agreed to save each other a seat for now on.

    I look around to see if Finn is almost here and when I look up, I see that he is. He's wearing beige cargo pants with a black hoodie and a New York Rangers jersey overtop of it. I watch as he gives me a devious smile from across the floor as he walks towards me.

    "Hey man," He says as he sits down next to me.

    "Damn nice jersey," I tell him, nodding in appreciation.

"Thanks, I got it a game last year." He says, taking his laptop out of his bag.

"You like hockey?" I ask him and he nods with a smile.

"Couldn't tell by my poster?" He teases with a chuckle. I roll my eyes.

"Well yeah, I guess." I say with a laugh.

"Do you play?" He looks up from his stuff to look me in the eye and my stomach instantly begins to tighten.

"Yeah I do actually. I played as captain for my high school team. That was actually a big help when it came to getting into this school." I explain, flicking my pen on my notebook.

"Shit no way! I was captain for my high school team too!" He's smiling giddly now and I can't help but smile back.

"Did you really?" I ask, dumbfounded that we have no much in common.

"Yeah I did. Hey, did you bring your gear up here?"

"I did, how come?" A smile is already on my face.

"Well, there's a pick up league for the school. I think there's quite a few teams from other schools too. We should play together."

"That sounds amazing!" I almost squeal as loud as Melanie. I can't contain my excitement. Oh, how I've missed hockey.

       "I'm pretty sure sign up starts tomorrow, we can walk there together." Finn says as he opens his psych textbook.

"Sounds perfect," I say, opening my own matching textbook.

"It's perfect for us who are good but not good enough to play for the actual school team," He says and I snort. I mean, he's definitely got a point there.

"Exactly. I didn't even wanna attempt to try out for that." I say.

"My parents wanted me to, but I knew that I'd die," He laughs. "So I told them I went to the tryouts in August and didn't make it. In reality I just spent the night in the inner city with my friends and we went to some underground show."

"That's priceless," I say clapping my hands once. A few people in the library turn around to glare at me and I just roll my eyes. This causes Finn to laugh sheepishly as well.

"Anyways, chapter one."

The two of us spend the next two hours finishing reading the first chapter of our psychology chapter. Since our classes are every other day, we've decided that the opposite days we would do our work together. We have psychology every Tuesday and Thursday so we meet up to read the chapter the day before on Monday.