Giuliana wrapped an arm around his bicep and leaned into him, "You're going to be an amazing father when the time is right, I'm going to be the clueless one. I've never even held a baby."

"You're going to be a natural, our kids are going to love you."

"They'll love you too. If we have a boy he'll be your shadow, and if we have a girl she'll have you wrapped around her little finger."

Giovanni looked over at her with a small smile and opened his mouth to say something when a loud, hard knock came from the door. Giovanni stood up and locked the door, then he calmly opened the door.

"Giuliana I think I just saw-oh umm. . .I'm sorry," Laura looked flustered and stared at Giuliana with wide eyes.

"Hello Laura, come in." Giovanni eyed the panicked woman in front of him, "You must be Giuliana's mysterious friend."

Laura remained silent, her face turning red as Giovanni's narrowed eyes did a quick scan of her battered and bruised form. Giuliana went to stand next to her cousin, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulders.

"Hello sir," Laura mumbled as she kept avoiding eye contact with the imposing man in front of her.

"Are you alright?" Giovanni questioned.

Laura nodded. "I'm fine, thanks. I'm sorry that I dragged Giuliana into this."

Giovanni nodded, "It's fine. Have you seen Dr. Bianchi yet?"

Laura shook her head and then swayed back and forth. Giovanni reached out and grabbed her arm to steady her. "Sit down," Giovanni commanded and led her over the exam room table, with Giuliana clutching her other arm.

"I'm sorry to be such a bother," Laura said as she perched on the edge of the table.

"Stop it," Giuliana gently admonished. "This isn't your fault."

"I know but I shouldn't have involved you. This is my problem and shouldn't have put you in this position."

"I want to help you Laura, I don't want you to go through this by yourself."

Giovanni stood watching the two women hugging each other. He was contemplating what he should do with Laura, honor dictated that he return her to her husband Matteo. However, he knew that would be like sending her to the executioner and it would only cause Giuliana to stress over her cousin's wellbeing. The thought crossed his mind that he could contact Salvatore Bellucci, after all Laura was his niece and Matteo was one of his soldiers. But he needed the Bellucci's focused on the impending mob war with the Santorelli's, not on Laura's marital problems.

"Laura," Giovanni interrupted the cousins ongoing conversation. "You can stay at our home."

"Oh no, I couldn't," Laura started.

Giovanni held up his hand to silence her. "I insist, you're in no condition to go back home." Laura gave him a nod and a grateful smile, while Giuliana beamed at her husband.

At that moment a knock came from the door, followed by the elderly doctor poking his head into the room. "Hello all, I have Mrs. Ricci's test results," he greeted. "You are not pregnant and your vitals look good. However, judging by your symptoms; nausea, vomiting and dizziness, I think it's safe to say that you have a minor concussion. I recommend that you rest and drink plenty of fluids, you may take ibuprofen if you need it. Will you be returning home, or will you be staying elsewhere?"