"It looks like I'm trying to hide something, but it's not what you think. If I thought for even for a second that I was pregnant I would tell you first. Besides I wouldn't come to a clinic that is specifically for the Graziano Family, I'd go to my gynecologist." Giuliana rolled her eyes, "You're treating me like someone who's betrayed you."

He let out a humorless laugh, "I do much worse to those that betray me."

"But you don't do anything to those that try to kill your own wife," she retorted before she could think.

Giovanni rubbed a hand over his face and let out a tired sigh, "My hands are tied where Tiffany's concerned."

"Don't say her name! I don't want to ever hear you say her name again!" She felt the familiar surge of anger rise, and tears prick the back of her eyes. "After everything you did you should know better than to mention her to me!"

"Now who's not being fair?"

"Excuse me?" Giuliana was incredulous.

"I've apologized for what happened and I've tried to make it right. I want the bitch dead as much as you do! I'm not the Boss yet, if I was she would have been gone a long time ago. I get shit for my fuck ups from my fucking father and now from you!"

Giuliana didn't know what to say, she felt terrible that she was adding to his mounting stress but she couldn't help the way she felt. "We should just drop it," she mumbled. She sank down into a chair and tried to get a handle on her emotions. He took the chair next to her and leaned forward, resting his forearms on his knees.

They sat in silence for several minutes before Giovanni broke the silence. "I love you Giuliana, I really do. I'm doing everything I can to make up for what I've done, but I need to know if you'll ever forgive me."

"I-I will forgive you eventually, I just don't know when that will be. I don't mean to make your life harder, I know sometimes I can be immature but it's not intentional."

Giovanni nodded his head, "I remember what I was like at twenty years old. I just need to know that when shit finally hits the fan you're going to do what I need you to do."

"I will," she risked a glance at his side profile and took notice of the look of worry on his face. She knew that he hid his stress away from the men that he commanded and from her. "I'm not going to get in the way, I'll do whatever you need me to do." When he didn't respond she leaned over and pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth, earning a half smirk. "We all make mistakes, but I promise that I won't mention that nasty bitch again as long as you don't."

That earned a laugh from Giovanni and he turned to look at her, "Deal."

"I'll always be by your side Giovanni, me and our nonexistent baby," she said.

"Nonexistent huh, that's probably for the best."

"You seem like you wanted me to be pregnant, I thought we decided we'd wait awhile," Giuliana cocked her head to the side.

He ran a hand through his hair, "We should wait, that would be the logical thing to do. You can't be pregnant and give birth in the middle of a mob war."

"But?" Giuliana prodded him, knowing there was more that he wanted to say.

"But with all this shit with my father, it would feel good to show him that I could be a better father than he ever was. My kids wouldn't try to hide when I walked through the door, they'd run to me. They wouldn't hide underneath their beds or behind you whenever they saw me."