Chapter 29

Chloe's P.O.V

Well- this was awkward.

Everyone at the breakfast table was dead silent when Xavia stepped into the room. I can't blame them either. What Xavia had done was entirely unforgivable and yet a small, thumbnail sized part of me feels bad for him. Sensing the tension in the air, Xavia silently made his way out the front door. No one stoppped him.

"So.." I said raising an eyebrow when I looked around the room and realised two people were missing. "Where did Scott and Sandra go?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Corey informed me that nobody knew where they were either. "After Scott took off like that last night nobody has seen either of them. Scott hasn't even called!"
That's weird. Scott wouldn't usually disappear like this without at least telling someone of his plans or whereabouts. But I guess considering recent circumstances I can understand how he probably wanted to spend some much needed time with his sister.

"Well then-" I started as I made my way to an empty seat, stealing a muffin from Corey's plate along the way. "What's on the agenda today?".
Cory's annoyance was very pleasing to me but his scowl quickly turned into a smirk when he told me "First of all, I licked that muffin"
Corey's smug expression told me he wasn't lying which caused me to choke on the food in my mouth. "Second of all, I don't know. Scott didn't exactly leave us with any instructions and I'm not up for taking any orders from the mutt outside"
Corona snorted, "are you 5 years old?"

"What?" Corey's ears started to turn red.

Corona rolled her eyes and said "do you always wait for other people to tell you what to do? You have the blood of an alpha in you. Be a man." At this, Corey's entire face turned red.

I tried to contain my snicker as we all watched in amusement
as my brother tried to regain his pride.
"I- I am a man I'm jus- I just meant out of respect for the current alpha we'd- i-"
Awe Corey iS EMBARRASSED!

I can feel the smile forming on my face as I looked around at all my friends. This was great. It feels like it's been years since I've felt a simple moment of happiness.
Things have been so crazy lately that I didn't realise how much I missed the banter.

"Y'know what?" Corey slammed his hands on the table, taking us all by surprise.

"Everyone outside. We have a psycho vampire on the loose so we can't waste anymore time. There are still werewolves in the pack who don't know how to fight yet so no more messing around! Serious training begins now".

"But we haven't finished eating yet" Patrick whined as he raised a sausage up to his mouth.

Corey leaned over and practically launched the sausage out of Patrick's hand and removed the full plate from in front of him. "Now you're done."

"DUDE!!" Patrick looked so betrayed but I couldn't hold in my laugh!
It's pretty entertaining to watch everyone's reaction change from joking to worried. I don't think anyone has seen Corey look so serious before.

"That was such a waste of food." Patrick pouted as he made his way to the door. Slowly everyone starting following. As I got up to join them I noticed Corona was still sitting down. I was going to say something to her but Corey beat me to it.

"You too Corona. You need to do training like everybody else"

Corona rolled her eyes. "I don't need the training. Besides, I don't take orders from you. You're not my alpha" she smiled sarcastically.

Corey's tone sounded murderously final when he replied " I'm your ONLY alpha"

Umm whaT?!?

***************************************

Scott's P.O.V

It's like something in my brain just clicked. I don't know what, I didn't properly give myself time to figure it out but standing in that room talking about Hunter, I felt like I was on the verge of an epiphany.

Hunter is powerful but he isn't the most powerful person we know. Hunter wants to start a war and the chances of him winning, I'm not going to lie and I do hate to admit this but we are so unprepared, the chances are high. But why would he take that chance when he could go to someone for assistance. Who better to ask than the most powerful person known to our supernatural kind? jebadiah stone.

"Scott what are we doing back here?" Sandra eyed the house in front of us suspiciously. She probably hated being here and I felt guilty bringing her back to this place again but what was I supposed to do? She is so stubborn!
"I told you, you didn't have to come with me".
Sandra shook her head at me, "of course I had to come, especially when you had this crazy look in your eyes. What are we doing here?"

I tried to explain my thought process "I think it's likely that Hunter came here for an advantage. It's possible right? I mean why wouldn't he? So if we could just talk to jebadiah and find out what he is planning or maybe even get an advantage ourselves, it's a risk but shouldn't we take that opportunity?"

Sandra looked at me with a soft expression, "are you asking me for my opinion or have you already made up your mind and just want me to tell you that you're making the right decision ?"

Sighing, I replied " I don't know.." I couldn't even meet her eyes anymore, I lowered my head in shame. What do I know about what's best for the pack? How can I be sure that the choices I make are good ones? Why is being a leader so hard?

I felt Sandra's hand on my shoulder. "Scott, look at me". I looked at her but I was too ashamed to hold my head up. "Of course I agree with whatever decision you make Scott, you are a great alpha. If you want to walk in there and talk to that sketchy guy and make a sketchy agreement then I'm walking right in there with you! Because you're smart, and you do what you have to in order to protect your pack. I trust you Scott, they all trust you so stop doubting yourself"

I know she is saying all this because she is my sister but her pep talk did lessen a bit of the doubt I had. Only a bit.

"But what if he says no?"

"Scott.." she sighed

"No but what if he won't help us or even tell us what hunter has planned?!"

"Scott I swear if you don't-"

"He might not even be home right now-"

Before I could delay the enviable situation I was about to face, Sandra shoved me in the direction of the door and yelled "WILL YOU JUST WALK IN THERE AND TALK TO THE DEVIL ALREADY?!".

And as if the devil himself was summoned, the front door swung open revealing an empty corridor.

I sent Sandra accusing eyes and she returned it with a sheepish smile. "This guy sure has the flair for the dramatics".

**************************************
A/N!
I'm alive!! I'm sorry this literally took years but here is a new chapter! I hope you're all safe and healthy 🖤