Part 2

Picture ~ Qber ^^^

~~~

Blue has been getting more used to her, uhm, magic... and has been chucking rocks at me the entire time. Qber has been talking to Keara, and Reed to Skillets. Lauryn is just trotting behind, taking in everything.

"Stahhhhhp." I whisper to Blue. She snickers quietly as she throws another stone.

"Shut uuuuuupppp..." Nick groans from my left. I roll my eyes at his immaturity and just his... him-ness. "I'm trying to listen to her." Nick nods his head towards Rainbow Dash.

"Ooh, someone gots a crush..." I say in a sing-song voice, nudging him while smirking.

"No! No, I-I'm just interested in what she saying." He replys, matter-of-factly.

"Uh-huh. Suuuure." Blue drags out the 'sure'.

"STOP!!!!!" Pinkie screams, startling us all. We all halt, making Blue ram into me. We both topple over in a heap.

"Sorry." She apologizes.

"Is's fine." I say.

"This is Twilight's house. When she finally comes out, she'll explain everything." Rainbow lands on the ground. "Until then just chill here." She walks away with Pinkie bouncing behind her.

"Lauwyn!" I call, waving her over my nodding my head towards Blue and I. She comes over, silent.

"C'mon Lauryn! Talk! Pwease?" I beg like a little kid.

"I... what's going on? Do our families know we're missing? Or is this a dream?" She has a dazed look in her eyes. What she said made me think. Are we in a dream? Are we missing? Are we still living out our human lives, but consciously are we somewhere else, in Equestria?

I'm stuck in my own little trance, until Blue poking me with her horn breaks me out of it.

"Whaaaaat?" I whine, but she nods her head towards the new pony standing in front of us. There's a lot of head-nodding, isn't there?

Twilight doesn't hesitate to explain.

"Princess Celestia told me to bring you all here. She needs you nine to accompany us six on a quest. So she sent Princess Luna to bring you all here. But to do that, well... You can obviously see the changes."

We all look at each other, still a bit weirded out by the differences.

"But, what's going on back home?" Lauryn asks.

"Time is slower there for you than it is for us. We retrieved you all right after you fell asleep. You'll be back before the morning." Twilight smiles as Lauryn releases a sigh.

"Now you guys get to meet Rarity!" Pinkie bounces up and starts to spring down to road we came. I shrug and follow her, leading the others.

"Wait." Rainbow steps in front of me, keeping me behind along with Ashey, Qber, and Lauryn. "You four need to learn to fly." She smirks and starts to hover again. I see Blue and Keara looking back at us. I bite my lip and mouth 'go on'. They nod and keep going. Skillets and Reed couldn't give two shits as to where we'd be.

Rainbow Dash flies in the opposite direction, a little too fast to keep up with. She slows down a little, seeing our struggle. Then she comes to a halt, making us slam into each other... again.

"Alright. Down to the basics." She hits the earth again and begins to teach us the simple things like extending our wings and easy stretches.

"Okay, now the fun stuff." She takes her place again, narrowing her rose-colored eyes into a game face. She's disappeared into the sky before we can comprehend what even happened, she's doing flips and twirls in the air while clearing the sky of clouds.

She lands strongly, shaking the ground. Looking back up at us, she grins. "Your turn."

~~~

"Just keep trying, Skelly!" Lauryn yells from above me. Qber hovers slightly beside her, giving me encouragement as well. He's already mastered the basics of flying, just learning the fancy stuff from Rainbow Dash. Lauryn is still a little shaky, but she's got it down too. I'm the only one who can't stay in the air.

"Keep your wings straight up!" Rainbow yells, even higher up from Qber. Ashey is just flying around, not a care in the world.

I land on the ground, taking a deep breath. My wings lift me a few feet off of the ground, and even farther as I beat them faster. Before I go any higher, I calm myself and fly around at the same altitude, slowly ascending up until I'm a little higher than Qber. I hover some more, calming myself yet again.

"You've almost got it." Qber says with a friendly smile. I return it as I dare to tuck my wings in. The wind is strong as I fall, but right before I hit the ground I turn and extend my small wings, swooping back up into the blue sky. Big Sky, just like home. I miss Montana.

Wait, how did I just do that?! Adrenaline?!

"Woah Skelly! That was amazing!" Ashey even stopped to watch as Qber says that. I smile and look at Rainbow Dash, who has an approving smirk on her face.

"You did good, kid."