Chapter Four

January 29th 2020

Alcina

Last on MMTC:
"I don't want a mate." I huffed walking forward. "You don't need me, and I don't need you," I shot him a glare. I guess my moods were hot and cold. But I didn't care, and Queen Sheila wasn't here to hold both of us back.

    "But—" he reached out and grabbed my wrist. I hissed and pulled it out of my grasp.

    "But I need you."

My heart pinged, I almost had forgotten I had a heart. That I had feelings. I rolled my eyes, placing my hands on my hips. "No you don't." I glared at him, bending at my hips to lean into him. "You don't need me at all, King Ullur." I pointed a finger at him.

    He stood there wide eyed. Then his expression cooled off. We were quiet for a bit, "well? If you don't have anything to say," I huffed again, turning on my heels to walk away.

    "Are you weak?" I heard his words, it barely stood in the air before disappearing into silence. It didn't even occur to me what he had said, as I turned my mouth open wide in shock. "It's okay if you are weak." He raised his hands in defense. "I will protect you." It was a wonder how he could keep a calm face while saying something that stupid.

    I raised my fist, getting ready to knock his ass to the floor. "Wait." He held up a single hand this time. I stopped instantly. Not because I wanted too, something within me truly didn't want me to punch him. When did I listen to emotions? I've had those buried deep for the last year. "Fight me."

    What in the world? I dropped my hands to my side. "What? Why?" Even though I was ready to beat his skull in, I didn't think I would get an invitation to hurt my mate. "What are you thinking?" I pulled back my lips into a snarl. I didn't like what I couldn't predict.

    "Fight me, you win," I was all ears, "you leave." Appealing. "I win," he pointed to himself. "You stay, and I'll protect you." I narrowed my eyes.

    "I don't need you to protect me." This is when a smile appeared onto his lips. A soft, almost faded, smile. I loved it.

    "Well then," he raised his arms out wide. "Beat me." His eyes flickered from green to purple. "But I understand if you are weak and don't want to fight," he placed his hands at his side.

    He knew exactly what buttons to push. Like hell I'll back down from a fight. I shifted into my wolf form, growling at him. I was a grey wolf with green eyes, eyes similar to his. His wings flared and he took off his sword, tossing it to the side, it came cluttering down with a clash. He let out a deathly chuckle. Seems like he had no idea what he was up against.

    I craned my neck letting out a roar as I attacked him. He let out a laugh, a joyful laugh, it made my heart swell. Then I went for his throat, I wasn't going to kill him,
I didn't have it in me to kill him.

    Then he raised his hand. His actions were as fast as lightning. He wrapped his hand around my neck, holding me still for a second. I yelped in fear and tried to raise my claw and slash him in the gut. But he tightened his grip and pushed me backwards.

This made me fall backwards onto the flat of my back. In a second he jumped on me, pinning my paws to the ground. And to add salt to the wound, he tedter his forehead on my own, a goofy grin on his lips.

I scoffed slowly shifting back into my normal, fully clothed, form. "Get off me." I looked to the side, towards the white walls. He laid on me, pressing his weight down into me. "Ugh, your suffocating me." I tried to wiggle my hands out of his but he just tightened his grasp interlocking our fingers.

"I think this means that you stay," he said sitting up, still straddling me. I looked away from him, a pout on my lips.

He grabbed my cheeks, pinching them lightly, making look at him. "Wait." I gave him a puzzled look, what did he want now? "You—" his expression darkened. "You look sad."

Little did he know I was just gathering my strength to do this. "Hah!" I kicked up, making him tumble over to the side. I scrambled to my feet and put my hands on my hips. When he realized what happened, he sat legs crossed, looking up at me.

"I guess you are a worthy opponent," I shrugged looking away shyly. "And I guess that I sort of lost," I wouldn't ever admit that he had me there for a second. "So—" I glanced down at him to see him smiling. Ugh I wanted to kick that grin off of his face. "So, that means we need to compromise, I'll stay with you, but I can protect myself." I crouched down pointing a finger at him, "got that."

He chuckled, it was so smooth and deep, my heart fluttered. "Yes, my mate." I wanted to stumbled backwards to dodge the pounding emotion that I couldn't control, from slamming into me. I furrowed my brows, frowning, as I stood.

I held a hand down for him to grab onto. He took it and I hauled him up. "Oh, also," I looked up at him, my hands back on my hips. "You will teach me everything you just did." I turned on my heels. "That was pretty cool," then I swung around, "and I'm not letting you beat me twice."

He smiled following behind me. "Sure, I'll teach you," he rested a hand on my shoulder. Electric shocks erupted, I wanted to hum and lean into him, but I held back.

I started walking towards my room, today was a mission failure, I didn't grab the crown that would pay for me through my lonely life. I glanced back at Cebrus, he was following after me.

"What are you doing?" I stopped in my tracks and placed my hands across my chest, defensively.

"Following."

"Well," I scoffed, "stop that." I shooed him away with my hands. Or at least I tried too.

"You sleep with me."

My face lit up like a firework. "I don't know what you mean, king. But I just met you, there is no way that I'm sleeping with you."

His mouth opened in shock. Then he shook his head. He looked away out of embarrassment, towards the wall with a slight blush on his tanned cheeks. "Not with me, but in the hall where the royalty is staying."

"I'm not royalty."

He gave me a puzzled look. "Aren't you, though?" I frowned.

"No, I'm not."

"You will be. Come." He waved a hand to me and we went in the opposite direction.

"I'm not coming." I grabbed his hand to stop him. I don't know what had gotten into me.

He smiled, "you did lose the fight." I groaned and rolled my eyes. He turned and started walking again, I could practically see his grin while he was turned away from me.

"I think I got the shorter end of the stick." I grumbled and followed after him.

They are starting to get along!!!!!

I have pneumonia *cough cough* and it hurted *dies*

Where do you think the Master is?

How is she going to react to Queen Sheila again tomorrow?

Do you think they are getting along?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE