38. Secret Meeting

Seungyeon received her cellphone offered by Jeongsu, he said, that phone had been vibrating nonstop. When she looked at the screen there were three missed calls, all from unknown numbers. Seungyeon frowned, confused and tried to guess who was calling but suddenly there was an incoming message, still from the same number.

010-38xx (7:22 p.m):

If you are in a crowd, I suggest you stay away first.
We need to talk.

Seungyeon immediately spread her eyes around, which was very crowded because she was still at the set.

010-38xx (7:25 p.m):

Don't tell Jonghyun or whoever you received this message.
For your own good.

"What is wrong?" Jeongsu asked.

Seungyeon turned to Jeongsu, surprised, paused for a moment, then shook her head.  She could not control her confusion yet, the cellphone still in her palm trembled again.

"Hm... This is my sister. Wait a minute, I'll call first." She said as she moved from where she sat, to a quieter place to receive the telephone.

"I'm sure you know who I am."  The voice said across there.

Seungyeon froze on the spot. "Park Jisoo?"

"We should meet. I will send the address."

Seungyeon's brow furrowed, "Seriously? You suddenly called without manners and invited me to meet just like that?"

Don't blame her for being so curt. Because from the beginning she did not like the attitude of the woman who called her. And the fact that she was a former lover of her current boyfriend made Seungyeon increasingly dislike her.

Jisoo ignored it. "First rule, don't tell Jonghyun or anyone about this, not about my phone calls, not even about our meeting. Second, you must come. Alone."

"For what ?"

"Let's just say you do this for the person you care about."

Seungyeon turned towards Jeongsu and the staff, making sure no one was watching her let alone listening.

"Don't bother Jonghyun again."  Seungyeon said in a cold tone. "Be mature and leave us alone! Or if it's too difficult, at least be a shameful ex-girlfriend!"

Jisoo laughed instead. "Tsk tsk tsk, Yoo Seungyeon." She lowered her voice, calling Seungyeon's real name. "I'm not talking about Lee Jonghyun."

Seungyeon was transfixed.

"You still don't understand? The person you care about, who even exceeds your love for that man; your family."

***

There is no choice for Seungyeon but to meet Jisoo if the family is the threat. No one can get hurt because of her. So this afternoon she was driving alone to a place Jisoo had told her before. Even though when she called her mother there wasn't anything suspicious and her mother didn't say anything strange, Seungyeon was still worried.

It occurred to her to tell Jungshin, because she couldn't possibly tell Jonghyun. But, right now, it feels cooperative is the right choice. Until she was sure her family would be fine.

The American bistro at a luxury hotel in the Yongsan-gu area that Seungyeon just visited, looks lonely. And Seungyeon didn't take long to find Jisoo.

Well, just look for the beautiful woman number one hundred below me, she grumbled to herself as she dragged her feet towards the table near the bar. That's where Jisoo is. Sitting like an arrogant supermodel whose black aura makes Seungyeon shudder.