Chapter VI

Leo and the Elemental Guardians were standing in a clearing, facing off against Desghidorah and Kumonga.

"So," Desghidorah started, "where's the girl?"

"I'm benching her," Leo replied.

"That's too bad," Desghidorah said. "I was hoping to see the life leave her eyes when I send her to her parents."

Leo clenched his fist. He was going to make this guy pay. "Get ready," he told the Guardians. They all drew their weapons and got into fighting stances, as did the two alien invaders. They all rushed towards each other with a yell and started fighting, with Varan and Titanosaurus fighting Kumonga and Leo, Anguirus, and Baragon fighting Desghidorah.

After a few minutes, it became clear Desghidorah had the upper hand. He overpowered his opponents, and blasted them all away with graviton bolts.

"Foolish Terrans," he said, drawing his sword. "You cannot hope to stop me. Now," he pointed at Leo with his blade, "you shall join your parents."

"NO!!!!" a familiar voice exclaimed. Desghidorah was hit with a fire ball, which knocked him backwards. He looked up to see Mothra, but she looked different.

She was now surrounded by a divine glow, the Divine Dagger resting in her hand, and her hair was almost completely white, with a single brown streak on the side.

"Mothra?" Leo asked, not believing his eyes. His eyes moved to the Dagger. "She finally did it."

Desghidorah couldn't believe his eyes either. "Impossible..."

Mothra took this distraction as an opportunity to rush forward and nail Desghidorah in the face with a haymaker. The Winged Death went flying backwards before skidding to a stop. Varan then rushed forward and landed a jump-kick to Kumonga's stomach, causing him to double over in pain.

Desghidorah tried to reach for his sword, but the four Kaiju fighting him were absolutely relentless. Anguirus was getting some nasty swings in with his hammer, Baragon and Leo were slashing at him with their claws and dagger, respectively, and Mothra was flinging fireballs at him. Desghidorah finally got an opportunity to use his sword, which had been dangling uselessly at his side. He swung and slashed Mothra across the stomach, causing her to double over. However, the pain was only temporary, as the would glowed yellow and then closed up.

The Winged Death knew he was outmatched. That much was obvious. He could tell that the others were on their last leg too. He looked towards Mothra, who was sweating and breathing heavily, and her divine glow had already diminished. With one final battle cry, he rushed forward, sword in hand, intent on skewering the young goddess. However, he wasn't expecting her to duck under his sword and shove the blade of her dagger between his ribs. He coughed up blood under his helmet. The young goddess pulled the dagger out, and her enemy fell to his knees. He looked up at her, and uttered one final word before succumbing to his injuries:

"Fuck..."

He fell onto his stomach, blood leaking out of his helmet and pooling around his head. Desghidorah was no more. Kumonga took one look at his down companion and turned to run, only to be knocked out by a swing from Anguirus' hammer.

Mothra stumbled over to Leo and fell into his arms. "It's over," she said. "It's finally over."

Leo looked at the unconscious alien. "What are we gonna do about him?" he asked.

"Don't worry," Varan said. "We've got him covered."