Chapter III

Mothra was standing in front of a dagger that was embedded within a stone. The dagger had two Japanese characters carved into the blade: "平和", or "peace." This was her mother's Divine Dagger. The chosen weapon of the Goddess of Peace. Mothra took in a deep breath and wrapped her hands around the hilt of the dagger. Then, she pulled and pulled with all her might, but the dagger remained embedded in the stone. She grunted in frustration. "Dammit," she said. "Still not worthy."

She walked out of the temple where the stone was housed. Leo was standing right outside. "Still not worthy?" He asked.

"Shut up," she responded. He pulled out her regular dagger and tossed it to her, which she caught.

"Well, at least a regular dagger can still do damage," he said, causing her to grin a little.

"If you two are done sharing your cliche movie moment, we need to start moving," a voice said. Mothra paused. She had completely forgot that Anguirus was standing with them. She looked over to see him with a bored expression on his face. She chuckled awkwardly.

"Sorry," she said.

"He's right, though," Leo said. "If we wanna find Desghidorah, we've gotta start looking for him."

***

Desghidorah was flying towards Earth when he saw a small, grey pod heading towards him. He grinned under his helmet.

"Right on time," he said.

The pod attached to the ship and out stepped a young man who looked to be in his mid-20's, though Desghidorah knew he was much older. He had shoulder-length black hair, with a pair of goggles covering his eyes. The goggles had eight red lenses, invoking the image of a spider. He was wearing a dark grey, long-sleeved shirt with golden wristbands, black pants with dark grey combat boots, golden shin-guards and shoe-buckles, a golden belt around his waist, and claws on his hands with small holes on the ends.

"General Kumonga," Desghidorah said, addressing the man in front of him.

"General Desghidorah," he said back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So now Desghidorah is headed for Earth, and he has help this time. Kumonga was an obscure Kaiju that was introduced in Son of Godzilla, and he was basically just a giant spider who regularly menaced Godzilla and his son, and was ultimately more of a nuisance than an actual threat. This humanoid version of Kumonga also appeared in the first Godzilla Warriors book as a supporting antagonist and a member of King Ghidorah's army. He only really appeared in that one story, and I think he might have been mentioned here and there in later stories. Here, he's one of Ghidorah's generals who's tasked with helping Desghidorah eradicate Earth's protectors. I have some ideas for how I wanna incorporate him into future stories.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can finish the story within the next three or four chapters. Tune in next time to find out what happens.