|love my way • harvey kinkle|

Start from the beginning

I stared at him with a raised eyebrow. A date between friends? What is he even thinking?

"Okay." I laughed. "I would love to go with you to the... 'friend date group'. To the Spring Gala, of course."

Harvey grinned at me widely, his cheeks a deeper rose color. I couldn't help the skip in my heartbeat when I saw his expression. His face held so much joy. How could I make someone so happy by saying yes to a high school dance? Did he really care about me that much?

"It's tomorrow, so I guess I should get my nails done." I spoke awkwardly, the foreign feeling of butterflies still in my stomach. I just really needed to leave and get my emotions back to normal. "What color should I do? Because I would like to match with you."

This time, I felt the heat rise up in my cheeks. I had never come off this way to Harvey. He definitely noticed my blush and gave me a knowing smirk as he helped me put my notebooks away.

"(F/c). It will look beautiful on you. Well, everything does... but that's the best color on you." He said bashfully.

"Great." I whispered. I was in a daze from Harvey's closeness. "I'll go do that now."

•••

As I walked through the halls of Baxter High, I immediately heard the laughter and music coming from the gym. I smiled to myself. I was excited to see Harvey's reaction once he saw me.

After I left the library, I could not get him off of my mind. Screw graduating high school, I should just focus on his handsome face. I had chosen an outfit that I knew would make me feel more confident that usual.

I didn't want to feel uncomfortable in my own body. For once, I wanted to feel satisfied with myself. I wanted to feel the way Harvey saw me. How his face would light up whenever he laid eyes on me, even if I looked like a hot-mess.

My heels clicked against the tile. The sound echoing throughout the empty hallway. As I neared closer to the gym doors, I could feel the sensation of butterflies in my stomach again.

Ugh, why must the Kinkle boy have such an affect on me?

I opened the gym doors, the loud music and bustle of students hitting me like a huge wave of anxiety. It was much more crowded than usual. Did people come over from Riverdale? They must have.

I made my way through the crowd, tripping over people a few times. They were literally on the ground, doing God knows what. Since when did Greendale know how to party?

"(Y/n)!"

Turning my body, I came face to face with Harvey. His eyes widened once he saw me. I couldn't help the bright blush I knew I had on my cheeks, but luckily, the room was dark enough to mask it.

We stayed silent for a while. His eyes soaking in my awkward presence. I could see him studying my face, down to the tips of my heels. Hopefully liking what he saw.

"You are absolutely stunning." He muttered.

"Thank you. You look very handsome."

The music in the back round suddenly changed to a familiar beat. A smile graced my face, Harvey knowingly grinned as well. It was our favorite song. We used to listen to it all the time when we were younger.

"Wanna dance?" He asked, a childish gleam in his brown eyes.

"Of course Kinkle."

A nostalgic feeling washed over me as I swayed and jumped along with the music. I moved my hips side to side, my arms moving gracefully, but fast enough to match the tempo. I couldn't help the giggles that were coming out of my mouth.

It all felt so surreal. I felt like a kid again. That's what Harvey made me feel like. He made me feel whole again, a feeling I hadn't felt since I was much younger.

Harvey was still dancing, a large grin on his adorable face. I kept eye contact with him as we both danced together. There was something so alluring about this moment. I was extremely drawn to him, and it wasn't anything sexual.

It was just pure bliss.

Before I knew it, Harvey wrapped both arms around my waist. He pulled me close to him, our bodies still moving to the sentimental song. I frowned in confusion. What was he doing?

"I need to tell you something." He spoke over the loud music.

I nodded to him, wondering where this might lead to. After all, we were surrounded by a bunch of teenagers. Nothing much could happen, right?

"I'm sure you already know this, but I like you. A lot. Way more than I should."

I stared up at him with wide eyes. A nervous expression on my face.

"I have felt this way about you since we were kids. And it hasn't stopped. If anything, these feelings have only grown more with every passing day."

I had no idea what to do or say. There was something inside me that told me to gently let him down, but I knew that wasn't what I wanted. In fact, I wanted much more. More of Harvey.

"(Y/n). There isn't anyway else to put this..." His voice faltered for a moment, his eyes leaving my eyes to look at my lips. "I love you. I am... in love with you."

I stayed quiet. He stared at me, a look of hurt and regret flashing in his kind eyes. I was frozen in my spot, unsure of what to do next.

All I could feel was Harvey's gentle grasp around my waist. The music and voices going through one ear and out the other. The only thing I truly felt, were my feelings for Harvey. I knew the answer as to what I would say to him.

We have always been friends, and I have always been so afraid to become anything else. I had grown so used to the familiarity of Harvey being close to me, but far enough to where he couldn't hurt me.

But those were all lies I fed myself to deny my true feelings for him. What I felt was much stronger than friendship.

"Harvey." I began, my voice stuck in my throat.

I moved myself closer to his lean body, wanting him as close as possible. Despite all the loud bustle around us, I continued.

"I love you too. And I am so sorry I always brushed you off as if you meant nothing. But I care so much for you. I was just being selfish and only thinking for myself, but that doesn't matter now. What I feel for you is so real. I can't deny it anymore."

Harvey smiled at me, adoration shown on his face. He inched his face closer to mine, before finally closing the gap between us.

His lips were amazingly soft. His touch lingered on my waist as he moved his hands on to my hips. I started to become embarrassed as I realized we were kissing in a huge crowd of teens, but that all faded as I remembered that they meant nothing to me.

The only thing that mattered was Harvey.