|obvious secret • lucifer mornigstar|

hi :)

i'm back! and only for a lil bit, but i have had SO MANY requests for lucifer and after the new season i felt i should update a few more chapters. plus i haven't written anything in months and i'm dying to let something out!!

enjoy <3

•••

I woke up with a jolt. My eyes wide with fear and anticipation, my body shaking from the rush of adrenaline that ran through my veins and all over my body.

I ran a hand through my knotted hair, hoping to gain reign over my terrified thoughts. I was so confused and somewhat interested in the nightmare I just had.

It was the same dream I had been having every night for the past month. I was stuck in a room, too dark to see anything, except for him. Everything made me question and shake in fear, and yet all I could see were blood red eyes that made me feel safe.

Disgusting? Yes.

Weird? I know.

Middle school fan fiction vibes? Most definitely.

I mean, why am I acting this way? Feeling this way? It terrifies me to the bones, but somehow comforts me. This thing, is trying to tell me that something dangerous is coming, something no one will be ready for. And guess what? All I can think about is how I might be getting possessed any second now.

I sighed to myself as I sat up, I gripped my bed sheets tightly in my hand. I was beyond frustrated. I am officially angry with myself and this stupid thing that has been haunting me almost every night.

"What do you want from me?" I whispered out exasperated.

I wasn't exactly sure if it was the best idea to talk to whatever has been watching over my dreams at night, but I have had enough. I'm not a weak little girl. I am a woman. And what I am saying is absolutely cringe worthy, but this thing is testing my inner feminist.

I just have a feeling he might be a male and I want so badly to kick him in the balls.

"Would you please stop whatever your doing?" I asked softly, hoping to gain its sympathy. Something it might not even be capable of. "I don't know if it's me being stuck in my head, or something more... supernatural. But why must you do this to me?"

It was silent after my words had left my mouth. I sat in my bed for minutes on end, staring at my dark room, hoping to see a flicker of those blood red eyes.

Maybe this thing is here with me. Just waiting for me to surrender. Or to pounce. Either way I might be dead.

"I really need to sleep. I can't run on iced coffee for the rest of my life." I whispered again, letting out a broken laugh.

I debated on whether to go back to sleep or just read, something I had been doing to get my mind off of things.

I sighed for the last time, and shuffled my way back under the warm comfort of my blankets. Before I closed my eyes, a chilling growl shook me to my core. A feeling erupted through me that flicked on an unexplainable amount of fear.