|void • nick scratch|

•••

"God Nick, your such a player!" I yelled in frustration.

"What do you mean a player? (Y/n) I haven't done anything wrong!" Nick answered. His eyebrows were furrowed in confusion but I could tell he knew I had caught him.

"You just told me yesterday that you had feelings for me! And now not only are you going after other women, but guys too! Are you really that horny." I laughed in disbelief.

"(Y/n) it wasn't what it looked like. You came at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was flirting with me. Not the other way around. And I do have feelings for you! Strong feelings!" Nick fires back. He tried to take a step forward to me but I stepped back.

"Don't. Your pride has obviously gotten the best of you." I whispered brokenly.

I walked out of the Academy and out into the woods. I needed space from everyone at this point. I couldn't trust Nick. He had promised so many things, including his feelings, but he broke that. And the trust I had in him.

I didn't know where to go. There were trees all around me. I knew that it was better than going back into that hell of a school. So I did the most logical thing, and ventured into the woods.

It was quiet and peaceful. Something I rarely felt in my life. Nick used to be the one thing that made me feel that way, but that was all over now.

The sky was a bright blue with fluffy clouds floating softly while being pushed by the breeze that flew through the air. I smiled at the serene sight. It felt as if I barely got out anymore, and this felt well needed.

•••

It had been an hour since the argument with Nick had happened. Through those long minutes, I had just walked around in the woods. Taking in every beautiful sight that I saw.

I paused when I heard a branch crack, breaking me out of my dazed senses. I looked behind me but so nothing. I sighed to myself while walking back to the Academy.

A few minutes had passed and I still thought nothing of the noise until it happened again. This time much closer. I froze, eyes wide in anticipation.

I looked around me, searching for whatever was causing the noise. I knew it could have been just an animal, but I've learned to never second guess myself.

When I knew I had seen nothing, I continued my way back to the Academy. My legs moved faster that before. I knew it had taken me an hour to get to where I was, and I feared it would take just as long to get back to the Academy.

I should have known better. It was Greendale for crying out loud! There could be a demon hunting me down for all I know.

Snapping me out of my thoughts was another twig breaking, this time right behind me.

I froze in my spot, fear paralyzing me. My heart was beating so hard I could hear it. My palms became sweaty as I began to recite a protection spell softly out loud.

A breath against my neck made me clench my eyes in fear. I was worried that a supernatural monster had finally made its way to take me as it's next prey until I heard a familiar voice.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Nicks worried voice asked. I turned around quickly once I saw him standing there, very close might I add.

I immediately threw myself against him as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I could feel warm tears escape from my eyes as he held me. His hand was rubbing my back soothingly while his grip on me was tight.

"N-Nick. I was so scared." I stuttered. I could barely get the words out from the amount of fear that was still coursing through my veins.

As he held me, I had totally forgotten about our argument earlier. All I knew was that my feelings for him were strong and he was always there for me to save the day.

Minutes had passed as he still held me in his strong embrace. He had been whispering soothing words to me as I finally caught my breath.

"Thank you Nick." I whispered as I pulled away from him. I couldn't meet his eyes, scared he would say something that might hurt me.

"I will always protect you (Y/n), no need to thank me. And that is a promise." He said. I smiled at him before standing there awkwardly.

"Nick I-" I began before he cut me off.

"I love you, (Y/n). Please don't push me away." Nick said. His eyebrows were furrowed with sadness and fear. My heart thumped loudly in my chest at his words.

"Nick." I said while putting my hand softly on his cheek. "I love you too."

I took charge as I connected are lips together. He wrapped his arms around my waist once more as I wrapped mine around his neck. The kiss was amazing even though it only lasted a few seconds. When we both broke apart, Nick smiled down at me lovingly.

"Your all mine now." He whispered.