Grey Skies

Requested by - Strangerthings_Sadie
This is FILLIE not Mileven!

(I'm making an exception, I know this is a Mileven book but as I said, I do requests)

Also, this took a while because the topic of death is still somewhat sensitive for me, but I wrote it & I'm happy with what I came up with.

This is probably rushed btw but you'll deal. :)

Millie watched her mother fall to the ground, the news in her ears still colliding with her surroundings as she took a shaky breath in.

Her vision was becoming awfully blurry as she stumbled back into the stairs, avoiding the arms that immediately wrapped around her.

"Shh"

Millie found their scent intoxicating, comforting. As she leaned her head in their lap, she let out a terrible shaky sob as she then felt familiar hands rub up and down her back.

How was she supposed to live now?

Millie stared at the gravestone, hot, stingy tears escaping her eyes as she skimmed over the heartbreaking words

Loving father

Her heart ached badly as she remembered that awful night. She couldn't believe he was gone.

It's been a hard week for her, her mother wasn't doing well, her siblings weren't entirely well either.

"Mills?"

Millie looked behind her briefly, his curls were fluffy and his freckles were standing out due to the summer heat.

She felt him squeeze her hand as she started to cry again. Thoughts flooding her mind as she tried to fight the scenario if he were gone as well.

"I can't do this" Millie mumbled as Finn held her tighter, his arms around her as she shook.

"Mills, deep breaths. You're okay, you're going to be okay" Finn said as he looked down at the stone, wondering why this had to happen to such an amazing person.

Once she pulled back, she couldn't help but feel that spark of electricity flowing through her blood, maybe it was the heat of the moment, or maybe it was real?

"I wanna go home, Finn, please take me home" Millie choked out as she caught her breath, she didn't look back at it, she couldn't, as much as she wanted to she simple didn't allow that because she needed to rest and clear her mind.

Finn nodded as he wrapped his arm around her, helping her down off the little cliff they stood on, he grabbed her hand as he flinched, but he really wasn't shocked he felt it.

As they got in the car, the radio played softly while Finn drove back to Millies, this was the 4th time this week she's asked him to take her to see her dad, he doesn't mind, but he wishes there was a way he could help her.

4 songs later and the sun almost gone, Finn finally parked in front of her house, he remembered the scene so vividly, it terrified him.