Piggyback

This was a request from a while ago
I was sent a STEP BY STEP form on what to do, it made me anxious, but I got it done.

I'm not sure if I'm entirely proud of this, but I think it's decent.

This might be the last one for a while too, I have 13 one shots to write for my other book & I need to start on them soon or else I won't get them done

<3

Ionlyshipmileven ^^^^^
Thank you for writing the ending with me, I appreciate it lil momma :)

She kept trying to avoid him, to make him understand through unspoken words, that she simply couldn't do it anymore.

She was independent, as soon as she was old enough to move out, she did, the world was placed on her back instead of her hands, it killed her, but she wouldn't let anyone know she was struggling.

Mike was so oblivious to the fact that she was weak, exhausted and emotionally hurt.

But it was just who he was, and he couldn't help it.

"So I think we paint the room a beige? Just because it works with our furniture!" Mike excitingly spoke as he pointed to the color he was feeling.

El stood on the other side of the counter, her overalls messy and paint splattered on them and her face.

She hasn't been able to breathe, the world was moving too fast for her liking and she just wants to stop time and gather her things.

"El?" Mike asked as he put down the article, he noticed her facial expression wasn't really normal, he knew something was bothering her.

As Mike made his way over to the other side, she put her hand up and shook her head

"No"

El shook her thoughts away as she looked up at Mike, he looked hurt and worried.

"El, what's wrong?"

El stood there, her emotions gathering to the surface as she sighed heavily, she had an idea of why she was so bothered, and she knew that everything was triggering her, because of what was happening to her.

"I need to go lay down"

El took her shoes off as she made her way to her their room, the breeze from the window made the room smell fresh and made it a little chilly.

She sat on the edge of the bed as she heard a knock at the door, El rolled her eyes as she leaned back on her elbows.

"Hey? Can I come in?" Mike asked as he stood at the doorway, he was washing off his hands and arms that had paint on them.

El didn't do anything, she just sat there

Mike took this as a good thing, he realized that he wasn't the problem because if he was, she would've made it known by now.

As Mike sat down on the bed he looked in front of him, her mood was down, he could tell, and now that he realizes it, she hasn't been herself lately.

"El, love" Mike whispered as he looked over at her.

She looked up at him, only before she let some tears escape her eyes, her lip wobbled as she placed her hand over her mouth.

Mike wasted no time in scooting closer to her and wrapping his arms around her, he was clueless on the entire situation.

El rested her head on his chest as he ran his fingers up and down her back, calming her a little bit.

"El, what's wrong?" Mike urged as he sat her up a bit, the paint on her face smearing due to the tears.

"I can't do this" she breathed out as she shook her head

Mike was worried, he didn't know what she meant or how she was feeling.

"Talk to me, please"

El looked over at him, she didn't understand why it was so hard to express her feelings, she knew why she was snappy and worried.

She got up from the bed, and went over to their dresser drawer, opening it up and grabbing something on her side.

She clutched it as she looked down at it

The words it told her made her let out a small sob

She looked behind her, Mike had wide eyes and his mouth was slightly open, El couldn't read his expression yet, and it also worries her.

He got up from the bed and pointed at her, a small smile forming on his face as tears fell down onto his cheeks

"You're-?"

El let out another sob as Mike grabbed her and held her close, he was elated but mostly appalled because he could've sworn they've been safe.

Once he pulled back, he cupped her face and kissed her repeatedly, showing how happy he was, because words weren't working right now.

"I'm just stressed" El said as Mike nodded, he understood now, all of it. It saddened him that she didn't tell him sooner, but now that he thinks about it, a lot of things we're happening.

"How far along?" Mike asked as El shrugged her shoulders, she moved herself onto his lap as she nestled her face into his neck, his scent was calming.

"I think maybe 2 months, I'll have to call the doctor" El sighed as Mike leaned back into the bed, adjusting themselves to where they were now laying down.

"I love you, and I love our baby" Mike said, causing El to cry again, she moved her lips on his skin delicately as she thought of how they were going to do this.

"Do you think we'll be okay?" El asked as she found his hand, intertwining their fingers sweetly.

Mike laughed a bit, sighing and looking over at her

"We'll be the best"
Mike exclaimed excitedly, earning a laugh out of his love

As they lay there, their clothes covered in paint and their emotions high and crazy, they realized that nothing in the world is handed easy, but there are ways to overcome them

Even if it takes a while.

Which for El, it did.