Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Caleb, Macy's long time boyfriend, lives right down the street from Kayden, so if Macy was to live there she could always visit, and vice versus. Not to mention, Caleb's a pretty cool guy and when Macy told him about me being gay, he said he would always be there if I needed a place to stay.

"I would really like for that to happen," I smile and tug the suitcases out the door, grunting at the action. "I love you, Macy. Call me sometime and we can hang out. And remember, living hell."

She winks at me a gives me a short wave as I push my belongings out of the place I once called home. "Goodbye lovely parents!" I call, chuckling as I hear them yell at me to shut the fuck up and get my gay ass out the door. I was asking for it, I guess, by calling them my parents... Even though they are. But, they told me that in their eyes, we aren't related and I am just a waste of oxygen.

I pull the suitcases out of the door and into the trunk of my car. I slip into my car, waving at my sister who is watching me through her bedroom window, and drive off to Hannah's

•••

Just knock!

I can't do it.

Oh my God, your such a pussy! JUST KNOCK!

After a five minute internal conflict, I knock of the house Hannah is staying at.

The door opens, and standing there, with an adorable baby boy, is Hannah. When she sees me, she smiles brightly. "You came,"

I nod and go into the house, my eyes never leaving the child in her hands. He looks just like me, his nose the same shape, his lips in that same pout I usually wear, his hair a dark black and baby soft. He has his mother's eye color, but my eye shape, and as far as I can tell, he doesn't have my extremely thick eyebrows. He is beautiful- chubby, rosy cheeks and cute little feet, kicking in the air.

He is my son, and all I can do is feel love.

Hannah must notice the expression on my face, because her smile widens. "Sam, this is Rhett Samuel Jenning," She smiles a little shyly. "I hope you don't mind that I used your name for his middle name."

I shake my head and smile. "No, not at all," I move closer to Rhett and smile down at him. "He's beautiful Hannah."

"Looks just like his daddy," She smiles again, giving the baby a kiss on top of his little head. "He's a heavy little bugger, though." She giggles and puts our son on the ground. Immediately, Rhett walks to me.

He gurgles some incoherent words and grabs on to my hair, pulling it down. "Bah da bah!" He giggles and continues to tug. "Dada!"

My eyes widen, and so do Hannah's. She stares at Rhett with a look of awe. "That's his first word," She whispers. "Oh my God, I got to get his baby book, can you watch him for a second, please?"

"He is my son," I smile at my boy and take him into my arms. He keeps saying "Dada! Dada! Dada!" Over and over, calling for me, his daddy.

"Hi Rhett," I coo, kissing him all over his face. "Hi baby, I'm your daddy."

"Dada!" He says proudly, squishing my face with his tiny fist. "Dada bah bah dah eh!"

I chuckle as he lets out a delightful squeal, pulling my hair some more. From the corner of my eyes, I see Hannah taking pictures of me and Rhett. I smile even wider, taking my son into my arms and kissing all over his chubby baby face. "You're so cute," I hold him against my chest. "Daddy loves you. Daddy really, really loves you."

"I don't know if you want to... But if you want to take him? Even if it's just a day," Hannah sits down next to us, brushing Rhett's hair with her fingers. "It's alright to say no, but I know Rhett likes you already."

I stare at her, surprised she would even let me keep in contact with my son after all this time of not giving a shit. But since I met Kayden, I want to change. I want to be a good father, and I want to be there to support not only my son or Kayden, but also Hannah.

"I'm thinking about moving here..." Hannah tells me quietly. "So, we could have joint custody of Rhett. If you'd like, that is."

I nod my head quickly, cuddling my son in my arms. "I would love that, Hannah. But... It doesn't have to be official, does it? I kinda just want to be with Rhett, but not have to go through tons of paperwork to get him."

Hannah laughs softly, smiling. "No, we don't have to make it official if you don't want. But if it's not official, and Rhett decides he doesn't want to be with you, you have to let him come back to me, because there is no legal document that says Rhett can be with both of us. Do you get what I'm saying?"

I nod. "Yeah," Rhett squirms from my grasp and runs to his toy box, pulling out a toy truck. He runs back to me, shoving the toy into my hands. He smiles a goofy little grin, showing me his baby teeth. "You want to come with daddy?"

Rhett giggles happily. "Dada! Da... Daddy?"

I nod my head eagerly, a gasp of excitement escaping my lips. "Yes, daddy. I'm your daddy!"

Hannah is writing something in Rhett's baby book, smiling like the a lunatic. "Two words in one day! And he hasn't even known you for an hour!"

I laugh and scoop Rhett into my hands. "Daddy loves you."

"Daaaaaaddy!" Rhett gurgles, his tiny fingers poking my eyes. "Bah boo nah mah nah!"

"Do you maybe want to take him for the day? I mean, Darren told me you're living with your boyfriend and his mom, so maybe she could help you with the baby," Hannah tells me shyly, tucking a lock of her brown hair behind her ear. "Once again, you don't have to."

I call Pattie, quickly explain where I am, and ask if she would help me. She agrees happily, telling me she would be delighted. "Okay, thanks Pattie! Bye,"

I hang up up the phone and pick up Rhett. "Guess your coming home with me," I coo. "Do you want come home with daddy? Yeah?"

Hannah chuckles and exits the room. She comes backs with a bag- which I think is called a diaper bag- and hands it to me. "His diapers, formula, toys, pacifiers, stuff like that are all in this bag," She points to Rhett. "His nap time is at one, so put him down for a nap in a couple of hours. Feed him when he get's hungry, blah blah blah. You're mother-in-law should know what to do."

I nod my head and take the black bag from her. "I'll take good care of him, I promise," I smile at Hannah. She comes up to Rhett and I and places a kiss on top of our boy's head.

"Please do, he's my baby boy and I love him to pieces," I can see the joy in her eyes as she looks at Rhett. She looks back up at me. "I'm so happy that you finally came around. I knew deep down inside you would, because you aren't a bad person, Sam. You're just someone who acts before he thinks, and doesn't stick around for the consequences."

She gives me a tight hug. "Darren says Kayden's super sweet. Don't screw this up,"

I nod as she lets go. "I won't. I love him way to much," I walk towards her front door. "Um, do you think I can borrow your carseat?"

We both walk outside, and as she hands me the carseat, I see the familiar twinkle in Hannah's eyes that was always there before the baby came. "Thank you," She whispers and kisses Rhett once more. "Be safe!"

I watch her tiny figure disappear into the house, and go to my car, setting up the carseat. "Well, who wants to go see Pattie?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!

I wrote the first chapter of the possibly Werren spin-off! So... Once this book is complete, that first chapter will be up! I Think I'm Gay is coming to an end soon...

But not to worry! Because Kaydie and Sam will be in Change of Heart!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter and baby Rhett!

Okay, bye bye!

Xo,

Alyssa <3