Chapter Twelve

Kayden's POV:

It has been a week since Sam is living at our house, and so far everything has been good.

Well... Kind of...

Sam has been extremely depressed. I hear him crying during the middle of the night when he thinks no one hears him, he is barely eating anymore, and what he does eat is literally forced by me.

Not even the constant visits from Macy, Darren, and West are doing anything to cheer him up. He just sits there and stares blankly at a wall until he excuses himself from the conversation.

Today is a week and half since Sam and I have been dating, and I wake my boyfriend as I do every other time. I get out of my bed and go across the hall (because Sam has been to upset and depressed to look at me without sobbing) where I wake him up with little kisses on his head. He wakes up with a smile each time, then as if reality hits him like a sack of bricks, his face breaks into a depressed frown. He sighs and quickly scurries away from me before I hear him sobbing again.

Before he can get very far, I grab his arm and pull him to the breakfast table, making him some orange juice and oatmeal, setting it in front of him and commanding him to eat.

He stares at the oatmeal for a solid minute, and then he eats his breakfast in less than a minute. He pushes his empty dishes away from him with a satisfied burp. I giggle "How classy, Samuel," I go to grab his dirty dishes, but he grabs my wrist and stares at me with intensity behind those blue eyes.

"Kayden," My name rolls off his tongue like butter, and I instantly feel mesmerized. "I love you."

My heart stops beating altogether, and it takes me a minute to realize what he said. He loves me. "I love you, Sam!" I exclaim and throw my arms around his shoulders. "I love you. I love you!" I pull myself onto his lap and cry joy into his neck.

He laughs and places kisses on my neck and jaw. "I love you too, baby," His mouth moves slower, more seductively, and I find myself wanting him. No, needing him.

"Sam," I groan and wrap my fingers through his thick black hair. My voice drops to a husky whisper as I tell him "I want you."

...

I'm awoken by the sound of knocking, at first soft and sweet, then pounding and rapid. Sitting up, I look around my room, waiting for the knocking to stop.

A warm body lays next to me, and I look down to see my love laying peacefully curled up in a ball, undisturbed by the still going knocking.

I grumble a couple swears before pulling myself off of the bed and onto my feet. It's really chilly, and a breeze dances around me. I should really learn to close the window more of-

I look down and realize I am naked. Stark naked in the same bed as my boyfriend.

My face reddens as I begin to remember what we were doing before we fell asleep. But before I have a chance to think back to that wonderful time, the knocking gets even louder.

I quickly pull on some boxers and pants, not bothering to put a shirt on. Who needs shirts? Shirts are obnoxious. And how about socks, like why are they invented? They are useless and uncomfortable and never keep me warm.

Why am I talking about socks? Where was I going?

Oh yeah, to the door.

I fly down the stairs and open the door, smiling at my best friend standing in front of me. "Hey West," I walk back into the house and into my room, knowing West will follow me.

After the week and a couple days of hanging out with West, he has become a brother and best friend to me. I love him almost as much as I love Sam, and I know the feeling is mutual. It only took about a week for him to realize I was not going to date him anytime soon, so he gave up with the flirting.