Chapter 17- Love Birds and Hate

Russia's {Pov}

I fucking hate everything. Out of every cat in the world, we run into him. Ugh. I'm not ready for this bullshit. We should just keep moving and pretend we never saw him. "China?! Oh my god it's really you!!" I hear America say. What? He knows him?! I watch as he leaps past me and runs up to China. He rubs his head against his. What the actual fuck is going on anymore.. "Are you a friend of America's?" Ukraine asks. "Yes. He's my best friend if anything." He says and stares at me. "Let me introduce myself, I'm China which I assume you could already tell." He said and looked back at Ame smiling. "Wait.. weren't you friends with my brother, Russia?" Belarus asked. Everyone was dead silent for a second before China started to talk again.

"Yes.. we were." He said and gave me another dirty look. I don't know why he's acting like this. I tried to fix our friendship. He's the one who didn't want anything to do with me anymore. "You two know each other? Rus why didn't you tell me that?! That's awesome!." Ame said and walked back to me. I know America doesn't know the history between me and China but I love seeing him happy like this. Ame rubs his head against my chest causing me to look up at China. I watch as his facial expression quickly changes from a happy smile to a confused and almost disgusted look. For some reason this just makes me smile even more. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

China's {Pov}

I watch as Ame rubs against Russia's chest. Well, looks like they're friends too. Or maybe even more than that... Actually no. There's never been anyone who's closer with Ame than me. I shouldn't even be questioning this really. There's no point. I knew I'd find Russia and that's all I need. Sadly his siblings are here too so that's a bit of a let down.

"So, how did all of you come across each other?" I asked. "Well, for starters, me and Rus fell down the waterfall and stayed with each other ever since then. We then ran into Belarus and Ukraine. Not too long ago actually, and now, here we are. Ame replied. "Yep. We were out looking for our brother and found the two love birds." Ukraine said causing Bel and Ame to giggle. I chuckled in response. "Love birds?.." I asked a bit confused. Is he saying what I think he's saying?.. "Yeah. We're together now." America says and leans his body on Russia. I watch as Russia puts his head on top of America's. "Mhm. There's no one else I'd rather be with." Rus said to Ame causing him to smile.

I feel the anger in me start to boil. Oh hell no. This is not happening. What the fuck! I already hated Rus and now I hate him even more. Didn't even know I could. Wow. America is my best friend and he's taking that away from me. It's all I have and he's taking it!! I didn't do shit to him. I bet it's because I didn't want to be his friend again. Yeah. That's it. Well fuck this. I'm not giving up that easy.

I watch as Russia smiles at me. That motherfucker. "Oh that's wonderful you two! Im so happy for you. Both of you." I say and smile. "Thanks." Russia says and wraps his tail around America's. I let my claws come out and show my teeth a bit. I'm about to kill this bitch right here right now if he does one more fucking thing. He's hurt me before and is trying to again. I know he'll do the same to America and I'm not going to let anyone hurt him.

"Not trying to be rude or anything but we have to get back home. It was nice to see you. We'll be on our way." Ukraine said. "Oh! I can show you the way back. I don't live down here. I was sent to go find Ame with other troops." "Didn't everyone have a partner that they came down with though? At least that's what I heard." Belarus said. "Ah well, yes but I was sent out on my own." I replied. "Oh. We know the way back up so you don't need to show us but, you're welcome to come with us if you'd like. I guess." Belarus said. Perfect.

"I'd love too." I replied and stood beside her. "You can keep leading the way. Don't mind me." I said and smiled. I looked behind and saw Ame leaning on him. Feeling a bit ticked off, I still tried to remain calm. "Ame, were you hurt from the fall?" I asked and stood still. This caused them both to split up and left me in the middle. "No surprisingly. I mean, I felt dizzy at first but nothing more than that. Once Rus helped me get on my paws I was ok." Ugh. Why does he have to keep mentioning him? "I'm glad you're ok. Everyone was worried. Expecially me." I said and rubbed half of my face against his. He chuckled in response and slowly pulled away from me. "It's nice to see you again." He said to me and then turned his head forward to keep on walking.

Belarus {Pov}

"Ukraine, let's move up." I whispered to my brother. He nodded his head in response and we quickly walked forward, away from everyone else. "Do you remember China?" I asked him. "At first I completely forgot about how him and Rus were friends until you said it." "Yeah. Were friends. They're not anymore though and that's the problem. He didn't want Rus in his life anymore and now he's standing next to him." I said and watched as Ukraine looked back at them all.

"That's true. He's close with Ame so maybe that's why he's acting nice." Ukraine replied. "Maybe. There's just.. something off about him and I don't know what." I said and looked back at China one last time. "Sis, we'll be fine. Plus, if anything does happen, we've all got each other." Ukraine told me and smiled. "Yeah you're right. We'll be fine." I said and continued to walk down the trail.

There's something weird about China. I don't know what but I just feel it. Maybe he is a nice guy now, but he didn't end off on good terms with my brother. Maybe he's trying to regain a friendship with him? I don't know really. I just want to get home.

As time passed, the darker it got. I yawned causing Ukraine too as well. "Hey, how about we all stop and continue to travel tomorrow? We all seem pretty tired and we'll be home early if we get rest." China said and stopped in place. "Ok. That sounds good to me." Ame replied. "I guess we could. The rocky hill we need to get to is a bit far from here." I said and sighed.

"Exactly. Come on, I'll find us a good spot to lay at." China said. "How about we hunt for some food before the sunset goes while you find us a spot?" I asked China. "Alright. Meet back here in ten." He said and leaped off on his own. "Alright Ukraine let's go. Rus and Ame are going together I'm sure." I said and smiled at the two. "Thank you" Russia mouthed to me and I nodded in return. I don't think Russia wants a relationship with China at all. He's seems happy to be away from him. Honestly, I can't blame him. My gut tells me otherwise too.

______________________________________ Family's got each other's back

Sorry for not putting this out yesterday. Some stuff came up so this is a day late. My bad. :")

Word count: (1323)