Chapter 12 Something to Talk About

Začať od začiatku

Just thinking of Roman getting his grimy hands on Ami had Ty clutching the steering wheel tight enough to turn his knuckles white. He had to get control of his emotions otherwise someone was gonna end up hurt. And as he stepped inside his hotel room that person was gonna be his friend Vin.

Letting himself into his room, Ty was immediately greeted by the sight of Vin aggressively pawing a female. The pair turned to Ty just as the door made an audible click. Normally Ty would have simply walked away to leave Vin to his sexual devices but his need to hurt someone rose to the forefront making him glower at the two trespassers.

“What the fuck is this about?” Ty asked.

The girl squeaked and slid away from Vin, distancing herself just in case a fight broke out.

Seeing his friend is such a state, Vin stammered, “I was just…uh…”

“What? Fucking your way through the hotel, room by room?”

“Now that sounds like an idea.” Vin said with a quick grin.

Tightening his hands into fists Ty took a step forward, “So help me I don’t have the will to keep myself from kicking your ass through that window.”

“Whoa, calm down big man. I was just making nice with the locals.”

Turning his attention to the female, “Who the fuck are you?”

The girl jumped at Ty’s abrasive tone of voice, she couldn’t utter a word as her eyes swept from one man to the other.

“She’s from the Augustine Pride. I guess she just came here to check up on you.” Vin said as he looked to the girl for confirmation, which she gave with a quick, nervous nod of her head.

“You tell your pride Leader all is well, now get the hell out of my room.”

The girl quickly scurried out of the room before Ty changed his mind.

“So what the hell crawled in your mane?” Vin asked.

Ignoring his question, Ty posed his own, “What the hell are you doing in my room?”

“Doing a courtesy bug sweep. I guess since this hotel isn’t on Augustine Pride Land register they chose not to plant anything.”

“I still don’t’ trust it.” Ty snorted, thinking to himself, one of the things lions are good for, not letting others put toys in their yard. He moved towards the mini bar, “Now how about the girl?”

“Yeah, how about her?” Vin said as he licked his lips.

“You know what I mean.”

“Just like I said, she came over here sent from the Augustine Pride. And since you weren’t here I was glad to occupy her time.”

“I’ll bet,” Ty said as he drank down the strongest scotch he could find.

“Dude why are you jumping on my case like this, you used to... wait… what the hell happened?”

Ty didn’t want to talk about the test at the moment, he didn’t want to go over the expression on Ami’s face as she realized that her conspiracy theory wasn’t going to ring true to the witch’s divination. But he didn’t need to.

“She’s not yours is she? But how can that be possible, man, you had all the signs.”

“Look I don’t wanan talk about it. Right now, I have a small window of time to really sit down to concentrate on figuring this shit out. My business is almost done here, everything is flowing just the way I need it too.” Ty didn’t feel like he needed to outright say that Ami was the small complication that he hadn’t expected.