Saw-Scaled Viper I

Start from the beginning

Sage damn, I hope so.

Gon's gaze was downcast for a moment before he brightened back up. "Okay! Then let's make a promise to meet up again someday!"

"Of course," they agreed.

"Why not... here?" Leorio said, tapping on something on the screen of the laptop. Since Miwa couldn't read anything she really had no way of knowing what the heck he was pointing out.

"Sounds good!"

(≧ڡ≦*)

The trip to the Kukuroo Mountain—apparently it was a dormant volcano, which had Kurama hoping for it to explode while they were there—was short and easy. Miwa had a marker semi near it, and she and Gon made the rest of the journey on foot. There was a town nearby, and a tour that was offering free rides to the mountain.

Gon thought it'd be fun to go on a tour, so the tour was what they went on.

It was not fun.

It was stuffy, lead by an overly cheerful guide lady, and slow as heck. Miwa could have run faster on her hands than that stupid bus.

At least Gon seemed to be enjoying himself, oohing and ahhing at some of the random little facts the tour guide spewed out. When they finally reached the base of the volcano the tour guide let them out to stretch their legs and to take a picture of the Zoldyck Family gate.

The gate in question was big. Bigger than any gate had a right to be. It wasn't as big as Kurama, but it was about the size of one of his arms.

No gate should have been that big.

And it looked so over the top with its dramatic appearance. Any one who saw it would immediately think: Yeah that's a cliche gate of an assassin's family. SpoOOooky.

'So... kick the gates open or hop over?' Miwa thought, looking the dark gates up and down. 'I feel like there should be lightning flashing in the background.'

Or at least some ominous music, Kurama agreed. There was a pause, then Kurama adjusted their mindscape so the two could listen to a haunting orchestra from one of Miwa's old memories.

'Yep, that's better.'

Miwa and Kurama were interrupted from their conversation by an outburst of violence. Two of the people who had attended the tour had broken off from the group and straight up attacked the security guard for Killua's home. One of them was holding up the security guard above the ground.

"Open the door, old man!" snarled one of them, a fat blond with a sweaty stench.

Miwa honestly could not believe the audacity of those two. Two men with chakra so pathetically weak she'd consider them beneath wild animals trying to attack someone.

Trying to attack someone who worked for Killua.

Who was Miwa's friend.

In front of Miwa.

"Oi," Miwa snarled, stalking toward the two men. "Drop him and I won't snap your necks."

The two men sneered at Miwa, and the larger one threw the elderly security guard to the ground. "Huh? What did you say, little bitch?"

With a burst of chakra, Miwa rapidly busted all of their kneecaps, twisting their legs around in a horrific fashion. She did this within seconds before returning to her original position a few feet away from them.