Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse

Start from the beginning

"I've got to head back," said Scott as he wiped the water from arms.

But Stiles ripped the towel from the top of his head and rigorously shook it. "No dude, you're not going back with them." "I made a deal with Deucalion," he said back to him. Stiles raised his hand out to everyone. "Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the Devil?"

Isaac was one that wasn't happy with it. "Why does that matter anyway?" "Because I still don't think that we could beat Jennifer without their help," he argued.

Allison looked over at Deaton. "He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong," she told him as she thought that they were only talking about the Alphas and secretly not about her as well.

But Deaton just eyed Scott and saw his resolve. "I'm not so sure that he is," to the surprise of everyone in the room. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you normally consider enemies," he tried to explain. 

"So we're going to trust him?" Isaac dully asked. "The guy that calls himself 'Death, Destroyer of Worlds', we're going to trust that guy?"

"I wouldn't trust him, no," Deaton said to him. "But, you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

But before anything else could be said, the bell at the front door of the clinic rang. They all stilled as they heard the sound of someone walking in through the door. Deaton looked at them before he moved over to see who it was. All the wolves reached out and picked up the scent of how walked in. They narrowed their eyes when they heard him speak.

"I'm looking for Lydia," Ethan said to Deaton.

Lydia walked off to stand next to Deaton but Sabrina, Scott and Stiles moved to stand protectively behind her. "What do you want?" she asked him.

Ethan looked over at her softly. "I need your help."

"With what?" Stiles asked him suspiciously.

Ethan's posture didn't change from the aggressive tone he was just given. He looked over at Stiles with the same look he had given Lydia. "Stopping my brother and Kali from killing Derek." 

++++++

Ethan had told Scott and the others that Deucalion would most likely be close by watching as Kali tried to hunt down Derek alongside Aiden. That meant that there would be some time before would turn his attention toward Jennifer. Time that they would use track down their parents at the cellar by the Nemeton. Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Allison knew of the area of where the Nemeton was but not the exact location. They decided that they would go there and try to track down their scents before the eclipse started and drained them of their powers. First, they needed to get their scents.

Stiles was driving home to get something for Scott, Sabrina and Isaac with his dad's scent for them while they were going off for something with Allison's dad scent on it. They didn't have to worry about Scott and Sabrina's mom because the three of them already knew her scent. Stiles got to his house and dashed up for his dad's room with his phone at his ear as he called Scott.

"I'm here," Stiles told him.

"Yeah," Scott said. "We're walking into the elevator now. We'll grab something with Allison's dad scent and bring it to the meeting spot. You grab something of your dad's."

Stiles then moved into his dad's room and froze. "Yeah...what do you think I should take?"

"Just grab anything," Scott said to him.

Stiles' eyes went to his dad's hamper and saw what was on the top. "Okay, I got his boxers."

"Stiles," Scott cut in. "I'm not smelling your dad's boxers."