Chapter 1

Simon

This is it, this is what I've been waiting for, for so long (22 years to be exact) I'm surrounded by my friends, all of us wearing clothes that would make all their parents have heart attacks.

I came out to them about a week ago and they accepted me so easily, it was enough to bring me to tears. We're about to walk into the club my friends brought me to for my birthday, and I'm not exactly sure what to expect, I've never been to a gay club before. We walk in and I feel at home, there are flags up and so many different types of people that all just seem so welcoming. There's a stage that takes up a large portion of the room, and I have to do a double-take.

There are three men on the stage dancing in a way that I don't think would ever have the courage to do. I turn to my friends "what sort of club is this?" I whisper-shout glaring at Penny. I was expecting to be dancing with my friends, not watching some (very attractive) boys dance while Penny cheers along with the rest of the crowd, and my two other friends watch us.

"A strip club" Penny responds enthusiastically, she obviously thinks that they made a good decision by taking me here, but I don't know how I feel about being apart of this new community while accompanied by three straight people who all probably think that stone wall is a flavour of ice cream.

I don't know how to respond to her, so I just return her enthusiasm with a smile. I decide to try and enjoy my time though. One of the dancers on stage keeps making eye contact with me and I stare back in spite, hating how flustered his attention is making me. He smirks and looks back into the audience as he starts peeling off his shirt. I decide that I need a drink to let loose, and head over to the bar. I'm not sure why this environment is making me so uneasy, everyone seems nice and I'm very glad to be here with my friends, but the whole atmosphere seems to be fulled by sex and a closeness that I don't feel ready for. I want to approach people, make friends, maybe ask someone out, but everyone seems like they're here for a hookup, and I don't think I want that.

I head back over to my friends and see Jack and Kai talking to a man with a pink handkerchief in his back pocket. I met them both this year on a soccer team I joined, and they quickly became two of my favourite people, definitely not the type of people I imagined myself befriending, but they're both really chill and genuinely kind, which is hard to find these days. Penny cheers as the dancer that kept trying to make eye contact with me starts undoing his belt, I roll my eyes at her but laugh lightly as she sticks her tongue out at me in response.

"Are you having fun?" she shouts over the music, pulling me closer to her. I'm honestly still uneasy and don't feel this is quite the place for me, but I know her and the guys are really trying their best.

"Yah it's great!" I assure her and take a deep drink of the Black Russian I just ordered.

________________________________
Ayyy thank you for reading! The next chapter is really good :) you should definitely read it:))). Anyway if you have any comments, criticisms, or suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments!