Chapter 15

-Starling City -Earlier this year-

I was closing for the first time at my new job in Starling City. Oliver had offered me a position at his company in the physics department, but I honestly just wanted to run away from my profession after what happened the previous year with the explosion. Oliver was a new friend at the time, I had met him through Felicity shortly after arriving in the city.

Per usual, I was met by someone on the open top roof where the bar is. This time, it wasn't a scare. I can recall her wavy black hair blowing gently behind her as she sat on the edge of the building. "Nyssa?"

I slowly walked to her, unsure if I could believe who I was seeing. Upon closer inspection, I confirmed it was Nyssa.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was curious. I took a seat beside my old friend. "Sometimes... you have to come back to the place it all makes sense when nothing else does."

Her words didn't give me any context, but I could understand what she was trying to say. "So.. Starling City?" I asked. I knew Nyssa wouldn't tell me what was going on to make her come back, but maybe she would tell me why she picked Starling?

Her answer was simple, "They say home is where the heart is."

I nodded slowly, being sure to keep my tone of voice soft and comforting, "Sara..."

She only nodded in response.

"Listen... Nyssa, if there is anything at all I can do to help-" I began. Without hesitation, Nyssa grabbed a bag from her left, "I was hoping you would say that- here."

I opened the bag that was given to me, not being surprised to see it contained my old face guard as well as the full red and black hooded suit that belonged to me when I was in the League of Assassins. "Nyssa... your father released me from the League. Going back would make it impossible to be released again."

I hoped she would understand how close to impossible it was that her father allowed me to leave the pact. "You wanted to do something to change the world, Y/N... so you went to Central City where everything is just... perfect. Yes?"

My lack of response and peaked interest allowed Nyssa to continue, "It didn't work out. Now, you have run away to this city; I can tell you are not happy here."

Nyssa looked beside her to meet my eyes , "You cannot deny that you loved being with us- being in the League... it is only a matter of time before you run back to where your heart truly belongs."

-End of Flashback-

-

Me and Barry had been taking... well, we've been leaving a bit of space between the two of us lately after I failed to say I loved him when he said it to me the night we finally had sex. The truth was, I still wasn't sure if I was capable of loving someone, or being loved.

'I know it sounds stupid, but what if the reason I can't give myself to Barry is because I never got closure from Oliver? Everything happened so fast and, let's face it... I don't have expertise in this particular field.... All I know is what my family has taught me.'

'Which is exactly why I am sitting on the rooftop of that very same bar I worked at in Starling City... The place I have always belonged,' I supposed.

Hours passed and my eyes were still trained on the bustling night life of Starling. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it there sometimes.

"Y/N?" The electronic voice said from behind me. I didn't turn around instantly, it was only when I convinced myself that the voice wasn't part of my imagination.