The Prince and His Peasant

Start from the beginning

“Oh my god, Dan! This is amazing!” Dan was snapped out of his thoughts by his friend holding up the notebook he had made him. Phil flicked through all the ancient looking pages, his jaw dropped and eyes lit up like the night sky. “Thank you so much!”

Phil turned to Dan, a huge smile on his face, which made Dan’s lips form a grin as well.

“Well that’s not it, there’s something on the bottom too.” Dan pointed to the crumpled paper in his friend’s lap.

Phil grabbed the wrapping and spread it out before gasping quietly. He lifted a long chain with a small charm on it into the air. Dan took it from his hands and had Phil face him so he could hang it around his neck. He leaned into Phil’s arms and worked the chain into the clasp behind his neck. Dan’s nose by then was brushing Phil’s collar bone and he never wanted to leave that spot but soon enough he had locked it into place and lifted his head to find himself just centimeters away from Phil’s lips.

‘Oh shit.” Dan thought. “I can do it, I can do it now. I won’t be seeing him every day anymore anyway. No! But then if I mess this up and he hates me I’ll never see him again. But I love hi-“

Dan’s thoughts were interrupted by Phil’s lips being pressed softly against his. He pulled back after a moment and looked Dan in the eyes.

“Thank you for the pendant, Dan.” He giggled and flopped his head onto Dan’s chest. The brunet simply sat there, shell shocked by how amazing Phil’s lips had felt on his. He lifted the peasant’s chin up and kissed him again, the silver knot charm hanging between the two.

Dan and Phil had been together ever since that day but at this point seven years later he had to get to married to a woman who he didn’t even know.

“Daniel!” The King barked at him. “I asked you a question and you stopped talking. Why don’t you want to marry Princess Emily?!”

“I don’t know Dad, I just don’t.” He stomped his foot like a child before fixing his crown which had shifted on his head a bit. “Now let’s just go accept the gifts before the ceremony.”

He stormed out of his chamber and down the steps to the main hall where everyone was gathering. A cheer erupted from the crowd once he stepped out in front of his throne and looked over at the Princess. She really did look lovely with her long blond curls and bright blue eyes. She had a flower crown perched on her head and was wearing a simple purple gown, modest yet acceptable for a wedding.

“May the gift ceremony begin!” The King boomed for everyone to hear. He opened his arms to all his subjects. “For Prince Daniel and his fiancé Princess Emily.”

“Alright, only a few more dear.” Emily reached over and put her hand on Dan’s arm gently.

            “Yes, thank you Princess.” She retracted her arm and welcomed the next guest up to the feet of their thrones.

            “Now who are you?” Emily asked kindly, flipping her blond locks behind her shoulder. Dan kept his eyes staring down into his lap, barely managing a smile.

            “Phillip Lester, Princess Emily.”

            Dan’s head snapped up to see his boyfriend with his shining blue eyes and brown peasant clothing made of scraps of burlap sacks and spare fabric Dan was able to bring him over the years.

            “And what have you brought us Phillip?” Dan choked up, his eyes being locked in Phil’s.

            “I have a present for both of you individually. But first for the Princess.”