95

In 1928, Albert Fish answered an ad from 18-year-old Edward Budd. Fish introduced himself as Mr. Frank Howard. When Budd's family met with Fish, he told the family that he was a Long Island farmer looking to pay a strong young worker $15 a week. The job seemed ideal, and the Budd family, instantly trusted the gentle, polite Mr. Howard.

On June 4th, Fish explained that he had to attend a children's birthday party at his sister's home and would return later to pick up Eddie and his friend. He then suggested that the Budds allow him to take their oldest daughter, 10-year-old Grace, to the party. The unsuspecting parents agreed and dressed her in her Sunday best. Grace, excited about going to a party, left the house and was never seen alive again.

The investigation into Grace's disappearance went on for six years before detectives received a break in the case. On November 11, 1934, Mrs. Budd received an anonymous letter giving grotesque details of the murder and cannibalism of her daughter.

The writer tortured Mrs. Budd with details about the empty house her daughter was taken to in Worcester, New York, how she was stripped of her clothing, strangled, and cut into pieces and eaten. As if to provide solace to Mrs. Budd, the writer stated emphatically that Grace had not been sexually assaulted.

Tracing the paper the letter was written on eventually led police to a flophouse where Fish was living. Fish was arrested and immediately confessed to killing Grace and other children.

On March 11, 1935, Fish's trial began, and he pleaded innocent by reason of insanity. Despite the numerous psychiatrists who described Fish as insane, the jury found him sane and guilty after a 10-day trial. He was sentenced to die by electrocution.

On January 16, 1936, Fish was electrocuted at Sing Sing prison in Ossining, New York, reportedly a process Fish looked upon as "the ultimate sexual thrill," though later that assessment was dismissed as rumor.

(Thoughtco.com)

Sorry this was so long, just a lot of information I wanted to include.