75

This next one might be a a little disturbing, just saying.

"The Happy Face Killer’s eighth and final victim would be his downfall. Jesperson got away easily so long as he was killing women he did not know, but his impulsivity got the best of him, and eventually, he murdered someone he did know—his own girlfriend.

Angela Surbrize was the name of Jesperson’s second-to-last victim. In 1995, she asked him for a ride in his rig from Washington state to Indiana, and he obliged. Yet another fight with another woman broke out, and Jesperson ended up killing her, but only after raping her, and then he did something truly horrifying: He parked his truck and strapped her body facedown to the undercarriage and proceeded to drive, dragging her lifeless corpse beneath the underbelly of his truck.

The last straw was when he finally murdered his girlfriend, Julie Ann Winningham, believing that she had only been dating him because he had money. The authorities believed that Jesperson was the murderer, but he had a plan to get out of ever doing any hard time for the murder: to commit suicide. After two failed suicide attempts, however, Keith Jesperson had had enough and turned himself in to the police, confessing to all of the murders and claiming there were more bodies out there."

(Listverse)