Chapter 24: Free At Last

Start from the beginning

"There's too many... —... Dark creatures are sur... —... we need to get —" I could barely make out his voice as the line cracked. "Need medical help... — are left..."

"Aidan! I can't hear you." I looked up at Obi-Wan desperately. "Listen, Arthas broke free, you need to get out of here!"

"Arthas?! Where are—" The line cracked again, sounds of battle and screams of agony coming through as well.

"We're in the palaces courtyard, I believe he is here still." I looked around but saw only black. I noticed the whispers had died out, only silence remaining. "We'll find our own way out just get out of there!"

"Lyanna, don't... - can't run..  - We're loosing... -" the static got even worse until I heard multiple cries coming from my earpiece. It was so loud that even Obi-Wan and Anakin covered their ears. Then only a high pitched peep ensued.

"Aidan?" I bit on my lip to silence the cry that tried to escape my lip. If something happened to my brother, I wouldn't ever forgive myself. "Aidan?!"

"Guys?" Anakin suddenly turned around and held up his lightsaber, his eyes squinting to see into the distance. "I think we got company."

As he laid his hand on my back to try and calm me, Obi-Wan looked into the direction Anakin was. 'I can't see anything. " He sighed.

"Jedi..." The voice sounded closer than before. It was deep and husky, carefully pronouncing every syllable with hate and disgust. Anakin sighed and narrowed his eyes in determination, walking further into the darkness.

"Anakin, don't." Obi-Wan tried to stop him while he held my wrist protectively.

"It's probably just another sith lord, how hard can it-" Suddenly Anakin's body was blasted aside, a yell escaping from his lips as his body dissappeared from our sight.

"Anakin!" I tried to grasp his arm but Obi-Wan held me back, his grip tightening as he looked around us.

"Princess, I think you should fly away now." Obi-Wan said as the presence became more intense with each second. Our breaths were hastened as we frantically looked around. The warmth of his body was the only thing I clinged onto for even a sliver of hope.

"I am not going to leave you here." I spoke through gritted teeth as I took his hand in mine. "Over my dead body-"

Suddenly I felt a pull on my hand, and felt his grip loosening as a force tried to yank him free. "No, Lyanna!" Just before his body was yolted back into the darkness his frightened eyes met mine. "RUN!" He yelled just before he dissappeared.

"Obi-Wan!!" I cried, letting my tears roll down my cheeks as I ran after his body. Only darkness and silence ensued, together with some rocks and debris on the ground as I ran through the open space. "Anakin!" I cried soon after, turning around constantly.

"My dear girl." the voice suddenly was back again, coming from everywhere. I could hear him chuckle, the sound making goosebumps appear on my skin. "Don't you know they are our enemies?"

"No." I shivered but then anger build up inside of me, knowing that he had hurt them. My eyebrows knotted together as my breath hastened, building up the energy within myself.

"You can't save them." he continued menacingly. "Now that I am free, all jedi will die."

"I said NO!" I brought down my fist to the ground, creating an huge wave of fire that reached as far as it could and  engulfed the stone walls around me.

The darkness dissappeared as the flames lit up the entire courtyard, burning the few chunks of wood left on the ground. Soon I saw him standing in the midst of the area, his back turned towards me.