Crumpled cards and blurry days

Both my and keefe's head snapped up, looking to the doorway. The dark haired teal eyed person who was standing there was bright red, from embarrassment or anger I couldn't tell. He had a card in his hand, I noticed.

"And here I was, about to apologize" He sounded upset, and I could hear the strain in his voice as he tried to keep from yelling. His left hand slowly crumpled the paper, shaking his head "What happened, Sophie? We used to be able to tell each other stuff. Now you had a whole ass relationship, and I had no clue"

"Fitz, wait. i'm not in a relationship with keefe, I swear. you caught us at a really weird moment, we weren't doing anything" I got up as quick as possible, standing and taking a step away from keefe. He snorted

"Uh huh. Sure you weren't" He laughed again. The noise grounded on my nerves, my calm finally snapping under the pressure of the weird week I'd been through.

"We weren't. Aren't. Never have. But it doesn't matter. No matter what I say, you'll never believe me, Fitz. You like playing the victim too much! And what if we were? What does it matter to you? You're my friend, not my dad. I'm not going to tell you everything, and you have accept my decisions. Because they're mine, fitz! Not yours! Let me have my own life!" I was surprised when I felt tear slip down my cheek. But it was true. Ever since I had been friends with him he felt like my dad. Always had to know everything, always defending me. It was getting annoying, and I guess I was more pissed then I thought.

"Well if that's how you feel" His face and voice showed how mad he was, and as he left he threw the paper on the floor. I threw myself backwards onto the couch, but instead of the tears that I expected I started laughing. I put my hands on my face and started laughing and crying, not really sure how crazy I looked. I felt like I was loosing my mind, ever since my meeting with keefe my life felt like it had been flipped upside down. had it seriously only been a couple of days?

"Are you okay?" Keefe's voice sounded cautious, like he was watching something he wasn't supposed to, which I guess he was. I didn't care at that point.

"No!" I sounded amused and insane, and as soon as I heard my own voice I realized how fucking weird this all looked. I took a couple a deep breaths to collect myself and keep my voice even "I'm not usually like this, really. This has been a really bizarre week. I probably look absolutely psychotic right now and wouldn't blame you if you never talked to me again" I laughed again, my voice slightly weak.

"No, I get it. My life is in upheaval too." He paused for a minute, looking at me "Wanna hear something funny?" I nodded, looking back at him "My mom got me a new statue. it's a giant crow, says that I need it to follow the rules because the raven is the 'keeper of laws' or whatever." he rolled his eyes and smirked

"is it still golden and huge?" I managed to ask

"its slightly smaller then the other one, but definitely still very gold," He reassured me "but really, are you gonna be okay?"

"I think.... after some time and some screaming into pillows, I'll be fine" I smiled, and he reached out his hand as if about to grab mine but pulled back at the last minute

"Good, can't have you going crazy on us now. After all, we still have to get married. Ceremony's Friday after next, don't forget" I decided to make the first step and reached out like he had done, grabbing his hand and holding on tight, our intertwined fingers like a small lifeline for me at that moment

"Are you ever going to let that go? We're not getting married. I'm not getting married period, not anytime soon at least" I informed him.

"We'll see about that" He mumbled.

The next couple weeks
went by fast, trying to get through school and get as mush sleep as possible. I didn't make up with Fitz, but Dex, Biana, Keefe and I hung out a quite a bit, especially me and Keefe. We got a lot closer, which made me even more confused about my feelings. It felt weird without Fitz, like the group was trying to replace him with Keefe. It felt different, but all of us got along so well I tried not to think about it. Day after day blurred together, and It was Friday again before I knew it. I was so ready for the weekend. Biana had somehow convinced me to wear one of my few dresses, claiming I needed more confidence, blah blah. I had a essay due by Monday, but I was planning on doing it tomorrow. I needed sleep. My brain was exhausted and as soon as I got into my dorm I kicked off my shoes, leaning against the door and sighing. What I saw didn't really register, not really. I walked towards the bathroom, wanting to braid my hair before bed. I heard Biana clear her throat, so I poked my head out of the bathroom door, about to ask her what was wrong. My eyes widened in shock as I took in the room, finally actually looking.
"Oh" was all I managed to get out, my voice a small squeak.