Chapter 20

Natalia's P.O.V

"You want to live?" The cold makeshift blade pressed harder against my skin, almost breaking skin as he disgustingly whispered in my ear.

I nodded silently as tears escaped my eyes.

"Good. Do as I say and you'll be fine." His nauseating tobacco-filled breath wafted in my face.

The plane was landing soon and up till now, no one noticed a deranged homeless looking like man sitting next to me with a makeshift weapon.

"What do you want from me?" I asked shakily.

"I don't want anything from you. I want what your father took away from me. I don't want to hurt you but if this is what it takes then so be it." He snarled and gripped onto his weapon harder.

In another world, everything would be different but you know mine will never be.

Before the plane could land, I panicked and tried to escape him.

That's when I feel a warm liquid running down my arm. Followed by a sharp pain.

Before I collapsed to the floor, everyone stared at me in horror and I just realised I let out a sharp piercing scream.

I collapsed on the floor grasping the wound while I gasped for air. Before I passed out, I heard the man yelling at everyone, telling them to shut up or he'll kill them too.

This is it. I'm dying.

I took one last breath before I allowed the darkness to swallow me whole.

...

I woke up in my room back in covered in sweat. It's been years since that incident and yet I keep dreaming about it.

"Natalia?" His dark and smooth voice gently called out to me.

I look over and saw Aiden peering down at me with a concerned look casted on his face.

"Aiden?"

"Are you okay?" He gently pushed my hair away from my face and his fingers barely grazed my face.

It took everything in me to not lean towards his touch. Literally the only thing that's holding me back was the fact that I was furious at him for keeping such a horrible secret from me.

"I'm fine." I pushed his hand away and turned away from him.

He sighed deeply as I felt the bed dip and his cologne wash over me.

"Come here. Sit on my lap." He said gently.

"No." I shook my head.

"Come here." He repeated, a little more impatiently this time.

I just shook my head. Not even answering him this time.

"Natalia." He growled.

I let out a yelp before I could even say anything, as I felt his hands wrap around my waist and pick me up like I weighed nothing.

He placed me on his lap and whispered darkly into my ear.

"Oh baby girl, you have no idea who you're up against."

I shivered as I felt his warm breath against my neck.

"W-What?" I asked confused.

"You can't run from me anymore. You're mine. No matter what you do, you'll forever be mine. Do you understand?" He gently kissed my neck.