Chapter Twenty-Five: An Airshow Gone Awry

The Remnant Global Airshow. This is one of the biggest and most prestigious events in Remnant, aside for the Vytal Fighting Festival. This Airshow is held for a business venture or trade event where aircraft, avionics and other services are promoted to potential customers around the world. In other cases, it's also where different aircraft corporations and companies show off new models of aircraft to the general public, and air demonstrations to show forth how well these craft perform.

The venue where the Airshow was being held was a specialised and newly constructed airfield nearby Mantle and Atlas, with a large terminal in the shape of a crescent moon, while there's paths in and out to a landing site where Bullheads were landing and taking off from, with some runways for the aircraft to take off and land, and areas for some of the aircraft to park up.

And the main attraction of the Airshow was none other than both the first and next generation of International Rescue, the four iconic craft of the team on display, and standing prominently.

"Well, all we have to do is smile and wave, everyone." Braedey spoke to everyone on the Comms. "This is a time for the world to see us without having to be in danger, but always be on your guard." He advised.

"Understood/Got it/Roger/Clear." Everyone else acknowledged over the Comms.

The crew soon disembarked their respective Thunderbirds, meeting up with one another, and up in front of a statue that had been erected by order of Winter Schnee, for she was the last person who had any contact with Kieron before the Zero-X exploded. The statue had been made to commemorate the great man that Kieron was.

The statue was of the Zero-X pointing up to the skies above, with the original Thunderbird One alongside it, and in front of the two craft was Kieron himself. Once some had seen this statue, they asked to Ozpin about who Kieron was, and the headmaster of Beacon Academy announced that Kieron had given his life to get the Zero-X away from Remnant before it could cause an extinction-level event, and that Kieron had been a part of the Remnant Global Defence Force.

"It'll be hard for us to get over what had happened to Kieron, but eventually, we may have to concede and face the reality." Jonson sighed sadly.

"Here here, brother." Sarah agreed with Jonson.

"Agreed." Apps nodded. Then, she shook off the frown on her face with a smile. "But, lets not be sad. We should be smiling to one another."

"Agreed." Rin spoke up, her and the others coming up. "This is the Remnant Global Airshow. We should be smiling to one another, and enjoying the show."

"I'm with Rin. We should enjoy this." Owen agreed with a nod, then he looked over to see something nearby. "Hey, check that craft out over there."

All the others looked over to see what Owen was talking about. It looked to be a sleek and aerodynamic supersonic jet aircraft in a white, yellow, and black paint scheme, sporting an arrowhead-like shape to cut through the air like a knife, a single bubble cockpit, tiny rudders for control, with two large jet engines at the rear of the craft, and resting on three wheels.

 It looked to be a sleek and aerodynamic supersonic jet aircraft in a white, yellow, and black paint scheme, sporting an arrowhead-like shape to cut through the air like a knife, a single bubble cockpit, tiny rudders for control, with two large je...