"Okay." She spoke.

"Twins, I think. Seniors, like you." Susan thought for a second as she tried to think of their names. "Josette? Maybe? and Kai?"

Daisy shrugs, watching as a boy walks out of the house to get more boxes— probably Kai. He was walking over to the moving truck and gave some of the smaller boxes to what looked like his little brother, then took some in himself.

"I made some brownies earlier, I was thinking we could all take them over and introduce ourselves." Susan shrugs chirpily.

"Oh, absolutely not." Daisy walks away from the window and sits back down on her bed, putting a new tape in her walkman.

"Well it's not up to you." Susan sighs sharply, lingering in Daisy's room for a bit before Daisy puts her headphones on as a sign for her to leave. As her mother walks towards the door, she gestures towards one of the INXS posters hanging next to her door. "Take these down, people will think you're a whore." She shut the door behind her.

Daisy plopped her head back onto her bed, kicking her legs up to lean against the wall as she tapped her feet to the Duran Duran tape she had in her walkman.

Daisy's mother, Susan, was task master, mission maker and decider of everyone's general direction in life. She organized the chores, the activities and the fun like any good army drill sergeant.

Her father was dead. She didn't know him very well, he died in a car wreck when she was four. The only memory she has of him is when he blew out her birthday candles for her at a birthday party and it made her really mad.

Susan started dating this cop, George, a few months ago, and now he practically lived with them. He made it to every family dinner, bringing along his seven year old son, Michael. He was nice. But he was trying too hard, and Daisy saw right through it.

Her older sister, Allison, was the champion, the go-getter, the model child that mom had so carefully crafted. She used to be fun, and her and Daisy were really close— but then she turned into a stuck up brat.

Daisy, however, felt like she stuck out like a sore thumb against her suburban family. She tried to dress different. She tried to act different. She did everything she could to stop people from associating her with the 'perfect little family' on Oak Street. Maybe it was just apart of a phase that all teenagers go through, like her mom said, but it was better than doing what she was expected of.

Daisy was smart— yet she never applied herself. She knew she could get better grades if she actually tried sometimes, but the effort wasn't there. It's like the more bad grades she got— the more her mother would differentiate her from Allison. And she liked that.

"Come on!" Susan yells from downstairs.

Daisy heard her over her headphones, yet chose to ignore her and make her walk all the way back up the steps.

It didn't take long for the door to swing open again. "Take your headphones off, for once." Allison says frustratedly. "We're going to meet the neighbors, come on."

"Fuck off." Daisy says, not turning to face the door, and continue to tap her feet to the music. She felt the footsteps of Allison charging towards her bed, before she ripped off the headphones.