Chapter 23: Agressive negotiations

Zacznij od początku

"NOOO!" Derik yelled loudly, and a gust of energy erupted from Arthas, knocking everyone back on the ground. Both Obi-Wan and my uncle were thrown against the walls of the ruin, together with most of my uncle's men. Anakin too was thrown back but he managed to land perfectly on his one knee, so that he could see his handiwork. 

As I looked up from my position on the ground with my hands still tied, I saw the smoke rising from Arthas' chest. Other than that nothing was happening. 

"What have you done?!" Derik yelled at Anakin and charged at him, his wings sprouting from his back as he jumped right on top of him.

As he was being distracted, Obi-Wan defeated most of his men and made his way over to me. "Are you all right?" He asked as he cut through the handcuffs using his lightsaber. 

"You're the one who was first electrocuted, and then almost stabbed." I spoke out of breath as I watched the battle Anakin was in. It seemed as if he had everything under control, but  he didn't truly know what my uncle was capable off. When he was going to use his power Anakin had no change to anticipate his moves and would surely fall. 

"Just a normal day for us jedi." Obi-Wan stated as he helped me up. His eyes locked with mine for a moment, and only then did I truly realize what I would've given up just for him. I shook it from my thoughts and then quickly ran towards the cage.

"You help Anakin, I'll worry about Arthas!" I yelled over my shoulder and soon arrived before the warrior. His eyes were still glowing a deep red, staring down at me. His arms and legs were still trapped in the crystal, but the smoke that was emitting from it didn't really indicate that it was going to stop depleting. 

"What in the hell." I muttered under my breath as I watched the wound in his chest healing slowly. 

"Lyanna, you might want to hurry!" Obi-Wan yelled as Derik held him against the wall with his sword just a few inches from his delicate neck. Anakin charged at him from behind, giving his master a chance to break free from the deadly position. 

Just as I was ready to push some buttons, arms wrapped around my waist and threw me back to the ground. "You can't stop it!" Derik yelled in frustration, blood covering his face. I narrowed my eyes at him as I stood up slowly, rage and frustration giving me the will to muster up all the strength I had left. I collected all the energy around me and in me, feeling the force surround me as I heated up my fists. Derik watched as flames surrounded my fists and snarled at me, but soon turned his attention back towards the jedi who were trying to attack him.

"Princess, the cage!" Anakin yelled, parrying another blow Derik had landed. 

I turned, extending my arm towards the cage and screamed out loud, letting out all the frustration and energy I had build up. Flames erupted from my palms and engulfed the cage, making everyone shield themselves from the heat. The flames engulfed the cage as the red and orange colors created dancing shadows all around me. 

The power flowed through my body, hightening every sense I had and making me feel indestructible. Snapping from that trance, I closed my fist and watched as the fire died down. I smiled ever so slightly as the flames died down and all I could see was black ashes and smoke rising from the crystal. Just then Anakin had managed to disarm Derik and Obi-Wan had kicked him, throwing him down on his knees in front of them.

From that position Derik glanced up, looking at the pile of ashes before him. He sighed, his breath lifting up a few of the ashes that had fallen before him. His eyes were filled with hatred as he directed them towards me, his jaw clenching as his fists balled at his side. 

I turned my back towards Arthas' ashes and confidently made my way towards him. The jedi watched me hesitantly for they did notice what had happened, and they weren't sure what to think about the power I had just managed to control. Especially Obi-Wan watched me with a new found curiosity, but also a tint of weariness. 

"Well, that went better than expected." Anakin smirked as he juggled with his lightsaber. "This so called 'weapon of mass destruction' seems to be just another minor threat after all." His eyes then set on me. "You've got some fire in you, princess, literally." 

"I don't know Anakin." Obi-Wan spoke as he held Derik at the end of his saber. "Something doesn't quite feel right yet." 

"Don't worry Obi-Wan." I spoke, glaring down at my uncle. "Nothing can withstand the heat he'd just been exposed to."

Obi-Wan didn't seem convinced. "I sense a great disturbance in the force, almost like... something just woke up. I've only felt something like this a long time ago."

Anakin frowned but then concentrated, feeling an all to familiar presence in the air around us. he looked at his former master knowingly. "The brother." 

"Jedi..." A deep voice suddenly surrounded us. The jedi immediatelly jumped back into defensive positions, their sabers raised before them. 

"What was that?" Anakin looked around and noticed how suddenly everything became darker, the light vanishing. It was like a dark cloud came down on us, making us unable to see more than 2 feet before us. The air seemed to freeze almost instantly, our breath forming clouds. The rain had stopped and the noice from the battle died down. Derik smirked as he kept me locked in his gaze, his mouth turning up into a smile. 

"Anakin, where are you?!" Obi-Wan looked around, seeing only darkness surround us. His lightsaber lit the area around us, but it was only us three standing there. He forgot about Derik and waved his ligthsaber around, trying to find his former padawan in the darkness.

"Stormrage...." The voice continued, this time laced with even more anger. The air weighed down on us as a growl rumbled through the air. Suddenly the voice was filled with pure rage as it boomed through the ruins. "Fireheart!!!"

"Uncle." My eyes widened when I realized what was happening. "What have you done?" 

 Oh hello there.

Another exam has passed and here I am finding myself writing even more. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the kindness you guys showed me last chapter. I'd expected complaints about the lack of updates, but instead I got such sweet messages than my heart melted. I can't believe how thoughtfull you guys are and I am eternally greatfull. 

Just wanted to say that, so thank you! :)