Chapter 23: Agressive negotiations

Start from the beginning

"ENOUGH!" Derik yelled suddenly. His outburst awoke his men instantly, their mouth hanging wide open for a few moments before they composed themselves. "This is not a game, Lyanna!" He spoke angrily as he grasped my chin roughly. "Now I care about you and your little healing skills, but my patience is wearing thin." He growled while strengthening his hold, making me flinch in pain. "Surrender, NOW, or suffer the consequences." 

"Stop it, you're hurting me." I glared at him as I tried to wrickle from his grasp.

"Oh I'll be doing so much more if you refuse to cooperate." He growled as his fingers duck deeper into my skin. 

"Derik." Obi-Wan said calmy yet his voice made a shiver run up my spine. There was anger hidden underneath it, anger that I had never heard or felt from him before. Both my uncle and I turned to glance at him. "Let her go." Obi-Wan spoke clearly and slowly, his eyes narrowing as his eyes almost literally burned with rage. "Now." He continued as his mouth twitched into a snarl. 

All the guards and me included took in a deep breath and waited for one of the two to react. With just those simple words Obi-Wan managed to disrupt Derik in such a way that he seemed at a loss of words, even though he wasn't even the one in chains. His grip on me loosened as he now directed his full attention to the jedi.

"Uhm, Obi-Wan?" I stuttered as I noticed the dark smoke forming around my uncle's hand. "You might want to back down now." The dark smoke soon materialized into a dagger, the dark material reflecting the blue light of the crystal. 

As my heart started to race at the obvious danger Obi-Wan was in he seemed utterly calm. He didn't even look at the dark black smoke that started to form around us all but instead stayed focused on Derik. 

"You've worn out your purpose." Derik stated as he looked at the dagger he'd created. "I've always hated the jedi, anyway." He smirked, grasping the hilt tighter.

"Uncle! Please, don't." I spoke quickly as I tried to scoot my way over to Obi-Wan. One of Derik's men quickly held me back by my shoulder, but I continued to protest.  Tears sprung up in my eyes when he lifted his arm to strike, unphased by my words. "He's valuable to the republic! If you kill him now they will invade!"

"Let them try." I could hear him smirk through his voice. Just when he was about to strike Obi-Wan down, I yelled even harder.

"I will join you!" I cried as tears flowed down my cheeks. He stopped his movement mid air, his back still facing me. 

"Lyanna, don't!" Obi-Wan spoke through his teeth as he glared up at Derik. 

"I will join you if you let him go, unharmed." I continued. "I will do everything you ask, just don't hurt him!" I spoke louder as each word passed. 

Derik turned around to face me for a moment, noticing the tears staining my cheeks. He sighed deeply, closing his eyes as I uttered another silent 'please'. "I want you with me because you want to, Lyanna." His expression turned grimm. "Not because of your love for a jedi." He spoke with disgust as he turned back towards him. Obi-Wan looked up at him defiantly. 

"Don't!" I yelled, yolting towards him as far as I could. "Derik, no!" 

He lifted his arm again and tried to strike again. For a moment everything froze. I saw the blow he was about to deliver, but also felt the force shift dramatically. The lightsaber flew from a now shocked Dylan and reached Obi-Wan, who with one swift move removed the chains around his hands and stood back up. With the momentum he gained he swung his saber and parried the blow Derik was about to deliver. 

"Anakin, NOW!" Obi-Wan yelled as he held their swords before them. 

I turned around and saw Anakin before Arthas, his lightsaber ready in his hand. With one yell he jumped high in the air and then planted the saber right in Arthas's frozen chest.