"Who knows." Levi shrugged. "Ever since the titans invaded Wall Maria, they are finally taking advantage of the situation."

"Their loyalty to the titans remains a mystery," Hange added. "There is no specific reason as to why they show loyalty to the titans."

Deep down, Erwin did not expect any of this to happen to humanity and we all didn't see it coming either. From what I know, humanity was never once safe within the walls. "Even though I am the head of this mission and I have a higher position than others, the capital is still beyond my power. If you have a problem, you have the freedom to leave."

At this moment, we are just numb to everything. Levi had nothing else to say since he only wanted this mission to be over and I felt the same way. Perhaps, we all want this to be over, so we must fight.

"I think the only option is to take action and uncover the truth," I speak firmly, drawing their attention towards me. "This mission seems very delicate. One wrong move and then it all leads to catastrophe."

"You're right, Sina." Erwin nodded in agreement with me. "I've been analyzing where this cult usually acts according to the provided information. As I concluded, a straightforward plan is what we need to complete the mission successfully. The cult may be a large number of people, but if my calculations are correct, we will always be in greater numbers regardless of the situation."

"Does anyone know about this besides us?" Zaiya asked and Erwin simply answered her.

"Only the capital, but this secret will eventually get to everyone within the Survey Corps and the Garrisons since we are the biggest threat to the cult."

"The biggest threat?" Viktor scoffed at his words. "What did we ever do to them?"

"They're just upset because we're slaying their precious titans." Zaiya simply added and at this point, the titan cult is just a bunch of psychopaths.

Now I think about it, are they aware of me?

"So, will you all participate in this mission with me?" Erwin interrupted my thoughts and we all came to a peaceful conclusion by saying yes. After the meeting, I gently excuse myself with a horrified look on my face. This same feeling from the mansion is crawling back inside me.

⚔︎

Abel and I were assigned to feed the rest of the horses in the evening. Abel was a friendly yet talkative friend, and while he was chatting away, I felt a presence coming up close from behind and turned around to find Viktor. Suddenly, he put a finger over his lips as a sign to be silent and took my hand to drag me out of the horse stable.

"Sina?" Abel turned to the side to find me missing, which started to worry him. "Hey, stop messing around with me and come out!"

Outside the stable, Viktor had me in his arms, pulling me even closer to his chest behind a bunch of barrels beside the entrance. His hand was over my mouth and I shoved it away from my face to a whisper. "What the hell, Viktor? Why are we hiding?"

"Shh!" Viktor hushed at me, then followed with a giggle. "I just wanted to see Abel's reaction."

I rolled my eyes, trying to sit up beside him but his arms were still embracing me. "Can I leave now?"

"Not yet." Viktor is stubborn as usual and we saw Abel running out of the stable with a shovel in his hand. "Sina! Where did you go!?"

At this point, I wanted to run up to Abel since I didn't want to make him worry anymore, but Viktor likes to tease his friend. He is still keeping me as a hostage and I want to flee. When Abel ran off into the distance, I began to panic a little.