Chapter 19: The Final Showdown... I Think

(This title... I had no idea.)

~Kakashi's POV~

Sitting in my room waiting for Kyoko to come back: torture. I had figured something happened, but the wall was too thick to hear anything going on at Snow's house.

To say I was worried, was a major understatement. I was beyond worried itself; but there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't the type of person to just bust down the door and demand answers; I'll leave that to ANBU.

I collapsed further upon my bed, throwing my arms over my eyes. Feeling the whoosh of cold air on my chin and everything else that is normally below my mask, made me shiver. That feeling would take a while for me to get used to, but, oh well. It made it easier to eat and drink and... kiss Kyoko.

I blushed at myself.

Unable to dwell on the thoughts due to the sound of the front door opening, I sat up. Waiting a few seconds, expecting either my name being called or even her coming into my room. When nothing of the sort happened, I stood up and walked to the door, opening it to find Kyoko just about to head into her room.

"Kyoko?" I called, standing directly behind her. Hey, this small hallway in between our rooms is very small.

She froze, seeming hesitant about turning around. "Y-yes?" She stuttered, not daring to turn around.

"What happened?" My voice was bordering complete curiosity at her strange behaviour. What seriously happened?

"N-nothing. I'm gonna go to bed, okay?" She took another step forward, opening her door.

"Wait, turn around," When she didn't budge, I lightly put my hand on her shoulder. I could feel the slight tremble when I did said action, and she flinched on top of that. I turned her around, coming face to face with a beat up Kyoko.

Her left eye was black and blue, maybe even a little yellow, her lip was busted with a fairly bad looking punch, and around her neck showed a thin red line where he must've tried to strangle her.

"He did this?" Was my first question, though I very much knew the answer.

A small head nod, the smallest nod I've ever seen, was given to me as my answer.

"B-but you can't hurt him," She whispered, avoiding my gaze.

"Why not? Look what he's done! What else did he do?"

"Don't worry about it, Kakashi. You can't hurt him. He's too powerful for you. Its all the Kekkei Genkai," She murmured.

"But, Kyoko-"

"Kakashi, please! I don't want anymore trouble with him!" Kyoko finally made eye contact with me, her voice was high pitched and pleading while her eyes filled with tears.

After a few seconds of hesitation, I gave a nod. "Okay.. fine,"

"Thank you... I'm gonna go heal myself, okay?" Another nod. She closed herself in her room. I stood outside of her door a bit longer before going out to the living room. Settling down on the couch, I waited for her to come back out.

A knock sounded on the door, and for a second I thought it was Snow. But the Chakra said otherwise.

Standing up and making my way over to the door, I opened it. "Ah, Kakashi, can you step into the hall for a second?" Minato-sensei asked, looking a bit tired.

After stepping into the hall and closing the door, I looked back to my sensei. "What is it, Minato-sensei?"

"Its about Kyoko..."