Chapter 16: I'm Just Thrown Away

~Kakashi's POV~

"Kakashi, stay focused!" Minato-sensei yelled at me, snapping me back into reality. I narrowly dodged the Fireball Jutsu that was flying towards me.

"Obito, what did I say about strong techniques during training?" Minato-sensei them yelled at the Uchiha.

"Gomenasai, Minato-sensei..." His voice trailed off. I hadn't bothered yelling at Obito lately; too much was on my mind. For some reason, all I wanted to do was attack Snow for taking Kyoko away from me. But I'd never actually do anything, it'd hurt her. She could end up hating me.

"Alright, partner switch. Snow and Kakashi, come do a small battle," Oh, had I mentioned Snow also joined our team? And he's a Jounin as well? According to the Hokage, he'd help Kyoko cope with what happened at the Mist. Did anyone see me helping her? He's already been here a week and he's acting like he owns everyone in this Squad! (PS, war in one more week)

Snow and I glared at each other while Minato went on about the rules. "Don't kill each other. No fatal injuries. Since you're both Jounin, I'll allow any big moves as long as you don't aim for vital areas. Kyoko, you be prepared just in case they do hurt each other, alright?" I saw Kyoko give a brief nod. "Okay, begin,"

Snow charged at me, kunai already in hand. Pulling out the sword on my back, I charged it with Chakra and ran at him as well. The two weapons clashed, a spark or two jumping off the metals.

"Stay away from Kyoko," Snow spat, quiet enough to where only I could hear him.

"Quit acting like you have a right to her anymore; I'm the one who's been helping here," I growled slightly.

He pushed off me and stood a few feet in front of me. He pulled out some shurniken and chucked them at me. I caught them with my fingers and threw then back, keeping one with me. He dodged them, the weapons lodging into a tree.

It was my turn to charge at him as I planned a Taijutsu attack. Minato said that we can use big attacks; maybe I'll try my Chidori on him. If I "accidentally" hurt him too bad, I don't think I can get in trouble.

Each kick and punch we threw at each other were either blocked or dodged. It seemed we were equal in strength. But each kick or punch, we said something to each other.

"Kyoko is mine, not yours. You may have helped her, but we've been together since a while ago," Snow defended himself.

"She hasn't even spoken a word of you since she came here. How do you know she still feels the same way?"

"Because she even said she loves me, therefore you need to back off," His eyes hardened.

"Prove it to me then," I growled. Of course I was gonna be defensive. She's the only one I've come so close to, and now I've grown to love her.

He scoffed. "Why? Do you think I'm gonna hurt her?"

I rolled my eyes at that. "Why would I care? I just want you to prove it,"

"Fine, after we're done sparring," He added, almost smirking. He wants to play it that way? Fine.

I jumped back a few feet and made as fast as I could hand signs. I grabbed my wrist and watched as the blue light lit up my hand.

There was no way he could dodge this. I'd at least nick him a little, I wouldn't go full out and stab him. Taking off at extreme speed, I was just about to hit him when I suddenly froze in my place.

Chidori vanished from my hand and I found I wasn't able to even move my head. I stared at Snow's eyes, expecting to see the light brown ones from earlier, but now they were completely dark brown, almost black. What was this?

I suddenly moved backwards, my body not listening to me at all. When I was about to question what Snow was doing to me, I found I wasn't able to even open my mouth.

Snow grabbed a kunai from his pouch, aiming it at a vital spot. I was panicking on the inside, but it probably looked like I had a plan. Is he that serious?

Just as he threw it, a flash of blue appeared in front of me. "Snow! Knock it off!" Kyoko threw her arms out, catching the kunai in her hand with ease.

"Ugh, must you ruin the only chance I got?" Snow angrily spoke, glaring at Kyoko. Suddenly, my body returned back to my control. I first inspected my hands by clenching and un-clenching them.

"We need to talk. Now," Kyoko sounded stern when she said "now". Snow rolled his yes, looking as if he expected this. "Sorry Minato-sensei, uh, we'll be right back, okay?" Minato gave her a nod, looking confused as well.

I noticed how Rin looked disappointed. (She doesn't know Snow and Kyoko are together yet btw. God I hate typing that TT^TT) After the pair ran off, Rin jumped up and came over to me.

"Are you okay Kakashi-kun?" She worriedly asked, looking me over for scratches.

"Fine," I bluntly responded, talking in my normal tone.

Rin looked a bit upset at my sudden rudeness, but I didn't particularly care. Pushing past her, I went and sat down away from Obito, obviously, and closed my eyes.

~Kyoko's POV~

"Snow, what the hell?" We were yell whispering, not wanting to be overheard.

"What? You think it's wrong for me to not like him?" He made a disgusted face as he spoke about Kakashi.

"What did he do that made you want to kill him a week after you met him?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," He crossed his arms, acting like a stubborn 5 year old.

"Snow. Don't piss me off," I half threatened, him knowing how I get when I'm pissed off.

"Please, you can turn into that thing. I've trained my Kekkei Genkai; its strong enough to stop that... creature,"

That took me back. "Excuse me?" I took a step back. "The audacity for you to call me a thing, let alone a creature! How dare you! Now I know why-" I cut myself off, knowing what I was about to say would piss him off more. "Just never mind," I turned around, waving him off.

"We're not done talking," He menacingly said, a growl evident in his voice. My wrist was gripped tightly by his hand, making me whip back around.

"Let me go, Snow," It came out more as a whimper, the sensation of his hand wrapped around my wrist bringing old memories back up.

"What were you about to say?" He growled, tightening his grip. I noticed how we both still kept our voices hushed in a whisper.

"Nothing, now let me go," I pleaded more, just wanting to go home. Or even into Kakashi's arms.

"Just tell me what you were about to say!" He yanked me back extremely hard making me fall to my knees. I looked back up at him, my eyes full of fear and shock of what he just did.

"S-snow?" I stuttered, clearly afraid.

Realization hit him when I stared up at him with fearful eyes. "Oh Kami, Kyoko, I'm so sorry," He whispered. He knelt down, gathering me in his arms. I stayed motionless as he hugged me, trying to calm me down.

This wasn't the boy I was in love with. This wasn't Snow. And somehow, I knew he'd never be the same.

Even in his arms right now, I felt afraid.

I needed Kakashi.

---

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO sorry for the crappiness and how sucky it is TT^TT A lot of shit went down around Tuesday/Wednesday so I'm kinda down and depressed atm.

Chapters will probably stay a bit short for a while until things get better for me.

On a lighter note, my BEST GUY FRIEND EVER is amazingly funny and is making me happier every day x3

Anyway, comment/vote/fan Ja Ne